Healthy low card BREAD?

Options
Raynee21
Raynee21 Posts: 31 Member
edited February 2018 in Food and Nutrition
I’m really loving eating Boca veggie burgers but I don’t want to keep eating regular bread every day bc that many carbs, I assume can’t be good for losing weight. So does anyone know a good bread choice to make??

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is created by a calorie deficit. You can have a calorie deficit while eating bread or even while having a diet that is overall high in carbohydrates.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is created by a calorie deficit. You can have a calorie deficit while eating bread or even while having a diet that is overall high in carbohydrates.

This.

If you would rather not spend your carbs on bread that is fine, you can use low carb tortillas or smaller/flatter buns or even lettuce wraps.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Well, to lose weight, all you have to do is eat fewer calories than you burn, and as simple as that sounds, you have to do it for a long time, and that isn't necessarily easy. By choosing to stop eating food we like, and instead aim for strange substitutions, many people turn the "not easy" into "incredibly hard". It's not (y)our "fault", this is what the diet industry prescribes, this is what the diet industry lives off.

Bread is made by grains, and grains are made up by starch, which is a carbohydrate. A healthy diet is balanced and varied, providing you with all you need every day, and not too much of anything over time. You can eat anything in moderation.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    squeeeyk wrote: »
    https://lowcarbyum.com/minute-microwave-muffin-in-a-mug/

https://howtothisandthat.com/keto-fathead-rolls/

I've tried both of these and they are fantastic bread substitutions. The second link is a variation on the fathead pizza dough and is very cheesy and delicious. The first link is more bland and works well as a white bread replacement in my opinion.

I can't understand why people cannot answer a question without giving their unsolicited advice about how someone should or should not be eating. OP did not ask what diet you all eat. She asked for bread replacements. Jeez.

It would be in response to the OP's point here:
    Raynee21 wrote: »
    I’m really loving eating Boca veggie burgers but I don’t want to keep eating regular bread every day bc that many carbs, I assume can’t be good for losing weight. So does anyone know a good bread choice to make??

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I love Thin Slim bread. Pricey but delicious.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    And yet with all the "explanations" very few have actually answered her question. That's my point. As someone who has experienced similar feedback for my questions, it can be very frustrating when everyone wants to "educate" you rather than answer a simple question.
    Some questions might sound simple, but they are really complex. This one has to take into consideration OP's nutritional needs, what else she's eating, and what she likes, maybe even what she wants to eat the bread with. Weight management and nutrition is like every other skill. If you learn the overarching principles, you can apply them to every situation and solve every problem in the same category.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could "think outside the bun" (thanks Taco Bell) and try a low carb and/or high fiber wrap. I'm really into Ole Extreme High Fiber wrap right now.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Wrap it in a Romaine lettuce leaf.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Raynee21 wrote: »

CI>CO = Weight gain...
    CI<CO = Weight loss...

No need to focus on an individual macro...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    https://lowcarbyum.com/minute-microwave-muffin-in-a-mug/

https://howtothisandthat.com/keto-fathead-rolls/

I've tried both of these and they are fantastic bread substitutions. The second link is a variation on the fathead pizza dough and is very cheesy and delicious. The first link is more bland and works well as a white bread replacement in my opinion.

I can't understand why people cannot answer a question without giving their unsolicited advice about how someone should or should not be eating. OP did not ask what diet you all eat. She asked for bread replacements. Jeez.

She also said, "I assume can't be good for losing weight"...so people were correcting that misconception.

As to the OP question...I haven't ever tried a low carb bread substitute that fit the bill in regards to taste or texture.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    I can't understand why people cannot answer a question without giving their unsolicited advice.

I did answer her question...
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Portobello mushroom "bun".
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Those low carb bread substitutions are high fat so would be about double the calories. Poor OP would be killing the carbs and still gaining weight.

To lower the carbs for a burger I’ve eaten them open face (halve the carbs).
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Use Google or Pinterest or Youtube for Keto bread or Paleo bread recipes. Those often use coconut and/or almond flour instead of wheat.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyoY0XF9pIo
  • Raynee21
    Raynee21 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who suggested a bread substitute!! And I understand now why my wording confused everyone. Haven’t really ever watched what I eat before. xx