Oatmeal

Options
I love old fashion oatmeal but when I eat it in the morning it makes me drag for a few hours I don't know why anyone else experience this

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    It doesn't do anything for me. Too high calorie, hungry within the hour. Others swear by it. I don't get it.
  • harley79
    harley79 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Me either I love it but the same thing happens to me
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    harley79 wrote: »
    Me either I love it but the same thing happens to me

Protein may be your friend. I can't think of a reason besides some kid of splurge day to start my day off with carbs. Even then...I'd still probably get a big omelette :)
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I eat porridge every morning (granola or oats, water, 1 banana), about 350-400kcal and my stomach starts to make noises 2h later or earlier.
    But I love the taste of porridge, having a warm sweet meal in the morning, easy and quick to make, just overall delicious. Haven't found any breakfast foods that keep me satisfied for longer.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Some weekends I have a big 2x bowl of oatmeal. That big cylinder of old-fashioned oats is going to last a long time.
  • mkyoungdds
    mkyoungdds Posts: 33 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I mix a packet of Better Oats Steel Cut Oats with one scoop of Quest Peanut Butter protein powder (total 240 calories) every morning for breakfast and I'm good for a couple of hours. I think the added protein helps so I don't feel sluggish and keeps me from getting hungry so fast.