Building a healthy support system

I am interested in meeting new people on MFP in order to build a healthy support system. The whole purpose of this support system is to be there for others; providing inspiration, advice, or just to listen. Losing weight is just one of the aspects of a healthy lifestyle. We need to eat healthy, make healthy choices and have healthy relationships in order to feel good about ourselves.
Working together to help one another is one of the best ways to accomplish this goal.

Replies

• Bubbaistrying
    Bubbaistrying Posts: 454 Member
    Feel free to add me
  • mandytigress1
    mandytigress1 Posts: 14 Member
    Feel free to post anything that you think would inspire others. Don't be ashamed to write about struggles you have. We are here to help each other, not judge. I will be posting something daily as well. I will even post a few things about myself, struggles I've faced, and obstacles I have overcome.
  • neesa_ross
    neesa_ross Posts: 39 Member
    Feel free to add me
  • mandytigress1
    Hello everyone!!!! Its almost the new year. What are your healthy NewYears resolutions?
    My main resolution is to lose at least 30 pounds, to be more fit and toned, and to be able actually go to the beach wearing a bikini instead of shorts and a tee shirt. I haven't worn a bikini since highschool - 1998. The greatest thing about this healthy resolution is that I will have enough energy to keep up with my 6-yr old daughter. I will feel good about myself and in turn be able to enter into a healthy relationship instead of a relationship that makes me miserable and to believe that a miserable relationship is all I deserve.
    Good luck to all of you trying to achieve your healthy goals!!!!
  • Bubbaistrying
    Bubbaistrying Posts: 454 Member
    I was on MFP for a year and lost 84lbs and I have gained 25lbs back. So, this year my goal is to lose 50lbs.
  • fmeale
    fmeale Posts: 2 Member
    Please add me! This is a great idea!
  • TeachPegg
    TeachPegg Posts: 20 Member
    I am looking for some new friends that will positively motivate me and support me!
  • mandytigress1
    Hey everyone, Ive been gone for a while. Ive been going through some personal issues but I am back. I have managed to stick with my workout routine for the most part but am having difficulty with my meditation routine. Maybe it is the app I use Mindspace. Its guided but there are no background noises or music. I think I will try a different app.
    Any suggestions from people who use meditation apps?