_kayleigh Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great tips!! Thank you @anvilhead
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    This is a great starting point for logging and choosing accurate entries:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    My suggestion for your husband problem is to obviously give him bigger portions and then in my house, I would give my husband a starch that I didn't love. He likes potatoes and pasta more than I do so I could eat a small amount and he'd eat a big one!
  • _kayleigh
    Options
    @Tblackdogs this is definitely something I could be doing. I guess I’ve been subconsciously making excuses in a way and never realized how simple the options could be until laid in front of me. Thanks!
  • _kayleigh
    Options
    @pinuplove wonderful! Thanks!!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    You're welcome! Also, just to reiterate the importance of weighing your food:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1
  • somrok
    somrok Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Have at least 1 glass of water to every Pepsi you have - then make it 2 glasses of water for every Pepsi. You can also get lots of carbonated waters as well - just watch the sugar and salt in them. I have found ones that have no sugar and salt. Unfortunately your Pepsi is probably also poking your sugar demons as well. Even the artificial sweeteners make you crave sugar as well. Best of Luck.
  • _kayleigh
    Options
    That’s a great tip @somrok because then I’ll probably just be so full from water I might not pick up the glass of Pepsi! I like this idea! Thank you!
  • kevont
    kevont Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    To help kick the Pepsi habit, you might look into caffeinated water (Water Joe, Kick, etc.). I quit Mt. Dew a little over seven months ago thanks to Water Joe and have never had caffeine withdraw (probably because water joe has the same caffeine as a Mt. Dew).
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You get a lot more to eat, volume-wise, with veggies than if you eat your calorie allotment in cookies. Ask me how I know ;)
  • _kayleigh
    Options
    @kevont that’s interesting! Never heard of it. I’ll look into that! Thanks!
  • _kayleigh
    Options
    @iowalinda oh that is so true!!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Here’s how a meal gets served for two people with different goals.

You have your main, a salad, and a side.

Your main will be the size of a deck of cards (weighed and logged), with the rest of your plate filled with salad. I suggest a full fat dressing for satiety but it only has to be between a teaspoon and a tablespoon (weighed).

He will get a double helping of the main, as much side as he wants, salad with lots of dressing, and polished off with a glass of whole milk.