Losing weight without exercise

Options
My leg got injured for the past 10 days. Before I lose around 18 lbs in two months. Now I cant exercise because of the injury. I was doing half an hour power walking and half an hour strength training. Now my question is can I still lose weight in that rate without exercising? Pls advise. But still I am counting my calories with food scale.

Replies

• TheDon2018
    TheDon2018 Posts: 38 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    :smile:
  • neerajanarayan1967
    Options
    Thank you very much TheDon2018 for your concern and thanks to all of you for the quick replies and advises. I am clarified.
  • neerajanarayan1967
    Options
    Thank you. Thank you. Thank you so much for your kind support.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Long as you keep to a deficit you should be fine. Just make sure you change your activity level in the profile so it can adjust your calories.
  • lisajp141
    lisajp141 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here. I am so unhappy. i gym at least 3 times a week. Cardio and strength training, I've torn my meniscus and MCL in BOTH knees. I am now having to get used to a small calorie amount, rather than eating them back all day.... sad times. Here is to a speedy recovery.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,926 Member
    Options
    My leg got injured for the past 10 days. Before I lose around 18 lbs in two months. Now I cant exercise because of the injury. I was doing half an hour power walking and half an hour strength training. Now my question is can I still lose weight in that rate without exercising? Pls advise. But still I am counting my calories with food scale.

9 pounds a month is actually an aggressive rate of loss unless you have over 75 pounds to lose. So unless that is the case for you, might want to slow down your loss, especially while you are healing from an injury.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can. Good luck on your recovery