Breakfast not agreeing with me anymore

Options
Hi I'm a noob and recently breakfast has been upsetting my stomach I'm a school bus driver I start my day at 430 and eat around 700am other than oatmeal is there any breakfast easy on the stomach

Replies

• sportychic87
    sportychic87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is pretty portable and filling. English muffins are also good if you like carbs. Bananas are good and quick. Cliff bars are decent and easy to eat on the move
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    What do you like to eat that doesn't upset your stomach? You don't have to limit yourself to "breakfast foods".
  • harley79
    harley79 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm a foodie I like everything lmao!! I love oatmeal but makes me very tired
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Can you pinpoint what exactly is upsetting your stomach? Too many carbs? Fat? Lack of protein? Or just food in general? We might be able to point you in a better direction. Does it need to be portable? What about skipping breakfast altogether or eating later (10am or so, since you are up so early) as a form of intermittent fasting?
  • harley79
    Options
    Pinuplove I can't do eggs anymore or nuts. I had low carb bread which is high in fiber and I was doomed. It does need to be portable as I'm on a school bus I'm usually hungry around 7 plus I always feel I should eat something. I did have a cheese stick yesterday and I was fine.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Breakfast food isn't really a thing. Eat what you like when it suits you. Just stay within your calories.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Breakfast food isn't really a thing. Eat what you like when it suits you. Just stay within your calories.

Agreed. Pack a pb&j. Or some cut up fruit and cheese. A wrap with deli meat and veggies. Greek yogurt would be fine unrefrigerated for that amount of time.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    My cousin has peanut butter sandwiches most mornings for breakfast
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    harley79 wrote: »
    Pinuplove I can't do eggs anymore or nuts. I had low carb bread which is high in fiber and I was doomed. It does need to be portable as I'm on a school bus I'm usually hungry around 7 plus I always feel I should eat something. I did have a cheese stick yesterday and I was fine.

Do you have a specific health condition that is limiting you or have you made drastic changes in your diet since you've started counting calories? Just seems odd if all of a sudden you can't tolerate things you were having before. A visit to the doctor might be in order.

At any rate, you can have whatever you want that you can tolerate at any time of day you choose to eat it (assuming it fits in your calories).
  • harley79
    Options
    I know it's weird this started before MFP but never really noticed it til almost everything is bothering me I was doing Keto for some time I wonder if I messed up my digestion I did but some trader Joe's cinnamon raisin English muffins hopefully those won't flip my stomach
  • thathoodieguy
    thathoodieguy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Check out for lactose intolerancy.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    How about smoothies? (protein powder/fruit?)

I've heard an apple 'wakes' one up better than a cup of coffee!
  • Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    One winter I would make soup ahead of time and have it for breakfast. Ground turkey or chickpeas, lots of veggies, low-sodium stock and crushed tomatoes. I calculated the calories per serving and froze in plastic containers. Then in the morning I could microwave for breakfast.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    This is where lovging regularly REALLY helps. Put down what you eat, when abd how you feel before, during and an hour after and it will help you pinpoint exactly which foods are helpful, or make you nauseous, or if it is actually is a matter of time of day. I'm not a big morning eater, but I find that fruit vegtable smoithies, food replacement shakes or fruit and cheese combos sit better on my stomach in the mornings than traditional breakfast stuff.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You'll probably have to experiment with different foods.
    Fruit
    Vegetables with dip
    Sandwich
    Yogurt
    Cottage cheese
    Cheese
    Smoothie
    Bagel
    Rice ball
    Muffins
    Granola bar, cereal bar
    Dinner leftovers

• adambrown01
    adambrown01 Posts: 24 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Are you 100% sure it is your breakfast that is causing your stomach to be upset? Looking through your food diary you have quite a few things that I know would make my stomach upset. Caffeine, alcohol, McDonald's...
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Are you 100% sure it is your breakfast that is causing your stomach to be upset? Looking through your food diary you have quite a few things that I know would make my stomach upset. Caffeine, alcohol, McDonald's...

I just took a look too...perhaps the cheesy pizzas and yes...the McDonald's would make my stomach upset too!
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I drink a smoothie every morning. Simple just banana, milk, yogurt, kale, frozen fruit, blend and drink.
    You can eat pretty much anything you want for breakfast, it doesn't necessarily have to be "breakfast" food.