What are the main reason behind your failed diet attempts?

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Food tastes good plus I'm lazy.
  • Good_Morning_Glory
    Good_Morning_Glory Posts: 226 Member
    Lack of consistency and adherence.
  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    slow results, varied foods on calorie counting cause cravings.. deprivation for too long of periods of time. These are the reasons i have gone up and down only five pounds since 2011 on MFP. i stopped counting calories Jan 1, I have gone back to an old diet that worked for me when i was younger. i'm 17.5 pounds down in five weeks. The quick results are motivating..and i now see i can get to my goal in another month or two. Now that I can do....my will power will last and gosh will i appreciate being thin again..never to go back to this. This lose a .5 pound a week for a year business doesn't work for me... plus the endless tracking.
    If it is calorie deficit, what is it?

• Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    It was a pain in the *kitten*,and I was tired all the time, and bored with dealing with it. So I gradually "forgot" to continue doing whatever diet and exercise it was I was trying to follow.
    This time I've had medication to get rid of brain fog,and help with low-level depression, and it has been surprisingly easy to stick with paying attention and sticking with my plan. Although, non work days are still really rough, because I am terrible about turning away from goddies that are available, and when I am home all day, I end up grazing too much.
  • wryone4
    wryone4 Posts: 118 Member
    I got lazy and complacent. I do very well and stay consistent and see a good change. Then I start to get relaxed with tracking and ignore the slice of cheese, or small handful of nuts I eat while packing kids' lunch. I think "Hey, I've made progress, this won't matter." But, it does matter. It has happened a couple of times, and I just have to have the fortitude to keep consistent this time.
  • jlouber
    jlouber Posts: 11 Member
    I fell back on old habit loops. I don't consider it a failure though, just part of the learning/growth process.
  • gcaracciolo2
    gcaracciolo2 Posts: 130 Member
    I always end up screwing up when I reach my ideal weight goal. It's like I get a feeling of conquering my goal and I lose the motivation it has taken to get me there. I'm two pounds away from my ideal weight again and this time I'm not getting side tracked for anything.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Lose all summer, gain all winter, repeat.
    Don't like cold. Stay in, no exercise, winter depression, nothing to do but eat, etc. trying very hard not to gain this winter, will start
    Trying to lose again as soon as it gets just a little bit warm..
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Got lazy, stopped logging, got fat.