How to not fall off the wagon...

Options
Hi all I’ve started Keto style diet 2 weeks ago, today I’ve woke up and wanted every kind of ‘*kitten*’ possible. I’ve eaten biscuits, chocolate, bread and can’t stop myself. Now I feel angry with myself..... help!!!

Replies

• sammyj19902015
    sammyj19902015 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Kind of rubbish!! Not kitten haha
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    If keto is too restrictive find something that isn't. At the end of the day losing weight is all about eating less calories than we burn.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    If I tell myself I can't have something, it will instantly become something I want and I won't stop thinking about it until I get it. I don't want to repeat everything that's already been said but I definitely agree that choosing a plan that's sustainable for you in the long term will give you a lot more success and a lot less struggle. This process doesn't need to be miserable. You need something you can be consistent with as that will in turn give you long term results.

Something that has worked for me to stay on plan (full disclosure it took me 2 years to get to this point) is focusing on other things besides fat loss (even though it has still remained my ultimate goal). For January, I started my own challenge and put the focus on getting 30 active minutes a day (which getting in exercise was never my issue so I basically started with something that would be a challenge in a way because I wasn't already doing it every day but not so challenging that I wouldn't complete it) so I succeeded with that challenge. For this month, I decided to have zero days over maintenance. Having a challenge keeps me focused because it gives me something else to think about and plan and takes the focus off the deficit that I need to achieve fat loss. So, keeping your goals attainable would be my second piece of advice.

Don't let your emotions get the best of you. There's no reason to be angry, what's done is done. Beating yourself up over it is not going to change anything. Every day will not be perfect but it doesn't mean that progress isn't being made. Keep moving forward and doing your best and you'll get where you want to be.
  • baconbutt1996
    baconbutt1996 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I find the best mindset for me is to remind myself that I can just have what I'm carving tomorrow. Though, most of my cravings tend to happen in the evening, which makes it easier for me.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I prefer to walk.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    There are a number of different ways to maintain a deficit, you haven't failed at keto, you've learnt it doesn't work for you. If restrictions lead to bingeing you may want to try moderating, ie you can have treats, but they are limited in portion size and frequency based on your calorie goal
  • sammyj19902015
    sammyj19902015 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I ended up eating pasta yesterday and gained 2.5lb, felt so bloated I looked like I was 7 months pregnant, lesson learnt I just don’t agree with carbs
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I ended up eating pasta yesterday and gained 2.5lb, felt so bloated I looked like I was 7 months pregnant, lesson learnt I just don’t agree with carbs

Your body is likely fine with carbs, you just need to give it some time to re-adjust after cutting out then reintroducing a huge subset of food. Did you have the Keto flu going in? You would likely have some not ideal body feelings if you were a vegan or vegetarian who suddenly binged on meat or ate a huge mound of fries and wings after weeks on a low fat diet.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I follow a keto diet - my biggest thing that keeps me together is making a keto friendly sweet to have on hand. I don't really crave carbs as in breads, pasta, rice, potatoes. I do seem to crave sugar sometimes so I make cheesecake fluff or a keto friendly mug cake. It's important that you find a lifestyle that works for you.
  • tanyashik
    tanyashik Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How can 1 g of something contain 3 g of something else? Does not make sense....
    Just a thought.....