Morning workout or Night workout? what do you do?

Options
124»

Replies

• Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Evening time so I can have someone to watch the kids.
  • Daze97
    Daze97 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Mornings are a no go for me. I don't even like eating in the morning. So, mine is late afternoon, usually about an hour after dinner. That's when I have the most energy for doing stuff like that, and at that time of day there are usually few distractions to interrupt me.
  • SonOfGod1981
    SonOfGod1981 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning that way it’s done and out of the way everything else is a bonus
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Weekends - late mornings and/or afternoons
    Week days - immediately after work or before dinner.

I’ve tried many times to set my alarm in the mornings to exercise and I always hit snooze. No matter what! I’ve forced myself to exercise in the morning and I just don’t enjoy it. I need to be really hydrated to have a good work out. That doesn’t happen while I’m sleeping.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    On days I work from home I workout mid-day on my lunch hour.
    On days I go into the office I either walk at lunch or do not workout
    On the weekends, if I do a 'workout' at all it's usually shortly after I wake up (usually around 9:30 a.m.).
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I agonize over this all the time. Which is better? I'm naturally a morning person so I like working out in the morning. But I'm usually tired, I'm very rushed and it makes the mornings harder getting back home and getting myself and kids ready for school. But I like to get it out of the way and know that I have those extra calories to eat.

Working out at night has benefits. I'm not as rushed for time. I'm more awake. However, it takes away time I could spend w/ my husband. It also leaves me wired when I come home. (I work out in the evenings from 10pm-11pm and it's hard to go right to be after that.)

So, I do both...it really just depends on what I have going on that week.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Currently I work from home, so I usually eat through lunch and then take my actual break around 2 to do my workout - about an hour.
    In a few months I'm hopefully going to be moving for a new job, in which case at first I'll probably do my workouts in the morning before work. In November my boyfriend is supposed to be joining me in the new city, so then I'll probably switch to afternoon sessions on the way home from work. I've tried getting up early in the mornings for working out when he's around I find that I always turn off the alarm in favor of extra morning cuddles, soooo afternoon workouts when he's around work much better.
  • glenr79
    glenr79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I like to work out first thing in the morning! It gets your metabolism up and running, and sets your body up for fatburning mode all day! Also you will have a lot more energy throughout the day. WHen your body is burning calories, it gives you energy in the calorie buring process. Also releases feel good hormones to make you happier throughout the day! I do about 20 minutes of HIIT training, lift weights for an hour, and do 10 minutes of abs 5 days a week, then Volleyball on Saturday.
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I work out early morning around 6am or it doesn't get done. I have a dedicated workout room, so after a cup of coffee I go downstairs and just do it. I usually work out for about an hour. It's a habit nowadays.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    nevermind... not getting dragged into this thread.
  • 911Doughboy
    911Doughboy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i try to workout in the morning right after wakeup; especially if its cardio. strength sometimes waits until afternoon. every now and then ill do 2 cardio sessions or a strngth and cardio session