Need a friend?

Hey I’m Jon I’m a 21 year old who is overweight and I’m tryin to lose around 40-50 pounds. If you need a friend send me a request cuz I know I could always use more friends! I was on here a few months ago and was super depressed and needed to focus on my depression more than my weight loss so now I’m back and still battling depression but it’s not nearly as bad as before, Im currently jobless, I take 2 online classes in college and have no in real life friends so I try my hardest to make friends online

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Hi Jon! Welcome back! I'm happy your depression is a bit better, it's a soul sucker.
  • dferrell60
    dferrell60 Posts: 4 Member
    Friend here. I got you.
  • jrobinette2018
    jrobinette2018 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Jon , you can add me if u want
  • ashcakes72
    ashcakes72 Posts: 21 Member
    Add me :)
  • dontkalemyvibe
    dontkalemyvibe Posts: 2 Member
    Hey Jon, I also have weight to lose but dealing with depression comes first. I am finding I don't have the strength to succeed in weight loss goals because of the perpetual overwhelm and exhaustion I feel. Perhaps you can relate. Anyways, I hope you find some answers, I'm looking too. I am interested in building a community here to see if I can find the energy again.
  • sljjjembeca
    sljjjembeca Posts: 40 Member
    You can add me as well, depression is such a tough battle for sure, one day at a time!
  • TinaMarieB1208
    TinaMarieB1208 Posts: 37 Member
    I'm still trying to figure out how to add people....you can add me if you want. I have dealt with depression for much of my life, it really does take a toll on you. Continue the good fight and stick with people who will support you! You got this!
  • tresectank
    tresectank Posts: 5 Member
    I don’t know how to add ppl, but You can add me
  • GinaGilday
    GinaGilday Posts: 4 Member
    I don’t know how to add anyone!! Haha
  • freebird240
    freebird240 Posts: 33 Member
    I'm looking for new friends to help motivate and talk to when things get bumpy. Add me!!!
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    You can add me.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Hear you man, my anxiety is pretty bad and I have been dealing with some health issues that pretty much ruined my life until things get figured out. Been the lowest yr and a half of my life and my friendships are taking a hit since I really can't go out and do fun things right now.

Idk, just trying to work on myself and try to stay positive but it's hard.

Feel free to shoot my a friend request
  • fowlkes59
    fowlkes59 Posts: 6 Member
    Depression is the hardest part to deal with. I am dealing with it still with medication. You can do it. It will take a lot of work on your part. I am much better after I did the following.

1. Go outside. Take a walk in the sun. Go to the park. Even when you don't want to. Fresh air and sunshine makes a difference in your mood.
    2. Listen to upbeat music that will make you move like a dog is chasing you
    3. Talk to someone. A simple hello is a start.
    4. Be around people, it does help you feel better. Consider going to classes on campus (cheaper).
    5. Change your diet. I cut out the sugar and soda and drank a lot of water and ate more fruit.
    6. Watch a funny movie
    7. I started painting and I feel better. GOOGLE Color therapy.

I have been dealing with depression for over 20 years on and off. This is what has worked for me. I hope i have helped you in a positive way. You can add me as a friend.