Feeling bad

Options
Poston1966
Poston1966 Posts: 26 Member
I had been cutting back and not drinking during the week. All has been great and I have lost weight. On Friday, we would have a glass or two of wine. Saturday usually at a concert with 2-5 beers. Maybe a glass of wine on sunday. This has been the routine since Jan. I am really struggling with the way I feel. I am fine drinking Friday night but on Saturday morning, i feel horrible. It just continues until Monday night. I think I am going to stop it all. The "binge" drinking is not for me. Has anyone else felt thid way?

Replies

• Poston1966
    Poston1966 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Meant to post under less alcohol.... :#
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    My relationship with alcohol sucks. It always takes 2-3 weeks of screwing around and getting it all wrong (when I get back into losing weight and being healthy), until I realize that I just have to stop drinking altogether. I can only do some clear liquor like once or twice a week and it has to be in extreme moderation. Alcohol leads to too much bad stuff (dietarily), including more alcohol.

I haven't been able to successfully binge drink since I've had kids, so the hangovers and bad feelings are few and far between. For me, it's more about a lot of guilt after six beers and 47 chicken wings...
  • MsSGriff1
    MsSGriff1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a on again off again relationship with alcohol. I find that it does not help my healthy lifestyle mentality. With that being said, 5 beers have a lot of empty calories. I wouldn't be able to drink 5 beers a week and lose weight. My job is too sedentary. If you can and want to, I would say increase your water intake with your beer drinking. Or instead of having 2 to 5 beers, just have a glass of wine instead.

I had a bad experience when I was "talked into" shots with a friend. After 8 beers and 5 shots, I thought I was going to die. I don't get hung over often. I don't make it a habit. A week after that, I got a 24 hour virus. The back to back sickness really put me off alcohol. I can't control the virus, but I can control the alcohol. It took me months to even have a drink. Now, I'm back to focusing on my health and not drinking. I don't miss it. To me, it's not worth it. I can hang out with friends without drinking...even if they are.
  • sabrinamsmithca
    sabrinamsmithca Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm only 21 (supposedly should be able to drink a lot and not feel it too much the next morning) and I can't drink more than a glass or two of wine or I'll feel sluggish and achy the next morning. Remember that alcohol is a poison to our systems and should not be taken in huge doses. I think a little is really fine but, yeah, cut back so you feel better. Always listen to your body, it always knows best.