2110 calories!!

Options
harley79
harley79 Posts: 79 Member
Hello coming back for the 100th time anyway to lose 1lb a week my calories are 2110 this seems like so so much food?? I'm sort of scared to eat that much

Tia Tammy

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you need to lose weight, you've been eating more than that to gain weight. 2110 real calories isn't all that much. 2110 guesstimated calories can be anytihng.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Your activity levels must be over the top. I am 60yo and all I get is 1400 for 1/2 lb a week.
  • dsboohead
    Options
    Try your amount for a week and log religiously....see what happens. I'm curious. I could do alot of damage with that much.. :p
  • kelly_stevens81
    kelly_stevens81 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Around 700 a meal. That's not that much when you get into planning it out. Also if it's too much do 600 a meal and leave 310 for dessert.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,104 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    How tall are you? Your activity levels must be over the top. I am 60yo and all I get is 1400 for 1/2 lb a week.

Not necessarily anything to do with activity levels, could just be down to start weight and height.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    harley79 wrote: »
    Hello coming back for the 100th time anyway to lose 1lb a week my calories are 2110 this seems like so so much food?? I'm sort of scared to eat that much

Tia Tammy

and this is why people need to weigh and measure their food to be accurate. you think 2110 is a lot of calories, but i am 99.9999% certain you have eaten more than that consistently to be here now needing to lose weight.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »

Not necessarily. Age, gender, weight, height and activity level all are taken into account when determining calorie goals.

For example, at my heaviest my BMR (resting calories burned before activity of any kind) was 1932.
    The lowest activity level setting is BMR * 1.25.
    1932*1.25=2415
    So my calories based on low active (sedentary) would have been:
    1/2 lb per week = 2165
    1lb per week = 1915
    1.5 lb per week = 1665
    2 lb per week = 1415

Now my calorie needs are different. My weight has decreased and as such my BMR is now only 1358 a day. My activity level has increased though by a lot.
  • shadow2soul
    Options

Tia Tammy

Don't be. I lost most of my weight eating around 2000 calories a day. At first I was very sedentary, but as I lost weight I increased my activity to the point that I still lose weight eating around 2000 calories.

Give it a fair shot. 4-6 weeks. Make sure to track as accurately as you can. Double check database entries you use (a lot are incorrect). Consider investing in a food scale (less clean up and more accurate than measuring cups).
  • harley79
    Options
    I double check my numbers I'm a 47yr old woman I'm 5'7" and weigh 313
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    weighing 313lbs, makes it entirely possible that 2110 is a good amoutn to lose weight - being that you are 300+lbs, you burn a significant amount of calories each day just living
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options

Sounds about right ... you would need 2500kcal a day to maintain that weight assuming you lead a sedentary life ... so dropping 500cal a day would see you loose without suffering ... add a bit if exercise in as well and the deficit becomes greater

• shadow2soul
    Options

Based on that information your BMR is 2087. That's the estimated calories your body uses to keep your body functioning in a resting state. No activity at all.

2087 * 1.25 = 2608.75

1 lb per week loss (-500 )= 2108
  • harley79
    Options
    So shadow2soul 2100 is ok to lose 1lb per week
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    So shadow2soul 2100 is ok to lose 1lb per week

Correct.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    1 lb/week is a very safe loss rate, honestly if you weren't finding that too difficult you could bump it up to 2 lb/week. Typically you'd not want to lose more than 1% of your weight/week (which also shows that as you lose, your rate of loss is going to go down).

Just be accurate with your food. Use a food scale for solid foods, measuring cups for liquids, and do as much self prep as you possibly can (so you know exactly what is in there).

2110 sounds pretty reasonable with your stats.
  • dsboohead
    Options

Okay now I get it!
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options

You're my age and my height. I've been eating between 1900 and 2200 calories and lost 35 lbs last year. Oh, and I started out 100 pounds lighter than you. So it sounds right to me.

The truth is you have no idea what a lot or a little amount of calories looks like, so why not trust the tools that have helped millions of people lose weight instead of your own judgement at this point.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Just to give you some peace of mind, I'm 5'8", 35 years old, and 217 pounds as of this weekend. I'm losing a pound a week at 1800-1900 calories. The larger we are, the more our bodies burn just existing. I would not be surprised that you can lose at 2110 calories/day given your height and weight, but the important thing is to give it a try for a few weeks and then adjust up or down based on your own real world results.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

Tia Tammy

You can set your goal to lose 1.5 lbs/week and that would lower your cals by 250, and with as much to lose as you have, 1.5 is very doable and safe