Can I build a booty without weights?

Options
Hey! So currently I don't have access to a gym or weights and I want a big booty! I've been doing booty workouts that supposedly will give me a bigger butt but all it's done is toned it and made it rounder, but not bigger.
My worry is that if I keep doing the same workout my body will get used to it and stop any process all together so I've made a new workout to try out this afternoon - but idk if it will give me the booty I want still or just keep it toned??
Any tips, advice or moves? Help!

Replies

• fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    If you can't progressively add weights, then there's no way you can build muscles. If you use your own bodyweight, the body will adapt and the muscles have no reasons to grow.
  • hotmamma2016
    hotmamma2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I wanted to loose some weight, tone & get a nice booty. I was very successful doing incline training on my treadmill. Took me a while but once I got to my goal weight it all came together nicely. My legs matched my butt. My friends all nicknames me 'Legs' afterwards and 6 years later it sticks.

The incline caused me to use different muscle groups in my booty. Let me tell you my butt literally burned for months. Better than any other workout I've ever tried. And a bonus my legs look amazing too. My lower body is solid muscle. My gf though I was 'thick', ya know fat but still look good. One day she tried to pinch my thigh as a joke and was like damn girl I though you were thick, you not you a brick house. Worked for me.

P.S. I tried martial arts, crossfit, weight training, personal trainers before with no results. Incline training on a treadmill helped me break through.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    @giddyuptim. Agreed. I personally know two people that have never been in a gym. Have never lifted a barbell, but look muscular and fit.
    My niece, who had 9 years of dance lessons, is all muscle. Fit like crazy, with an enviable and fit body.
    My neighbor, who is in his early 30s, doesn’t drive a car and bikes everywhere. That plus doing laps in his pool and he looks super fit. Unless your goal is to look bigger and muscular, like a body builder, there is more than one way to get there, and they don’t necessarily have to involve a gym or barbells.
    Personally, I think most people just want to look fit.
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Firm up your *kitten* using bands and floor exercises but there'll be no bubble butt...
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    Possibly.
    Impossible with calorie surplus.

you mean deficit

He means surplus.

Y'all figure this out, ok?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Firm up your *kitten* using bands and floor exercises but there'll be no bubble butt...

If you can manage to progressively add resistance in a surplus you can. It is more difficult but not impossible
  • J_Fairfax
    J_Fairfax Posts: 57 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    timj2018 wrote: »
    Yes, do three hundred body squats every morning. No breaks until the last rep

Is this a joke

Yes it's a joke. I don't think you can build muscles without weights or with calories deficiency

yeah you can, one legged squats are a thing for instance.

just like a one arm pull up, if you're able to do them you will have some muscles

it is possible to progressively overload without weights, you just have to get creative.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    Yes, do three hundred body squats every morning. No breaks until the last rep
    No, that builds "muscular endurance". To put on muscle size, you need PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD and doing air squats ain't gonna achieve that.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• klrenn
    klrenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

If you can manage to progressively add resistance in a surplus you can. It is more difficult but not impossible
    sardelsa wrote: »

You know, I had internalized the whole “you can't build muscle without weights and a surplus” but then I had an aerialist instructor who did nothing but body resistance trapeze and aerial silks. I asked her if she lifted and she laughed out loud. “I don’t need to do that *kitten* with this” she said.

She probably was eating at a surplus at some point, but with no lifting at all she had massive arms/shoulders/back. She was probably 4in shorter than me, 30lbs heavier and much leaner.

Add in her flexibility and I was ridiculously jealous.

Not impossible, but I think a lot of people here on MFP discount the possibility. It just takes a LOT of dedication.