confused on how to start

Options
I am a lady of 19 years old , and I am weighing a whopping 93 kg ..this has decreased my confidence and has affected my whole life and my relationships . I am a college student and I have been away from home for 1 years now ..and my weight has been influenced by emotional eating and depression ...But today I want to make a big step in becoming the person I want to be :) ..and I really need motivation to press on

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :) To lose weight, eat less. Use your food diary, log what you eat and drink, hit your calorie target.
  • vuvulukhele
    vuvulukhele Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank u so much
  • leeonmcdaniel
    leeonmcdaniel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am a lady of 19 years old , and I am weighing a whopping 93 kg ..this has decreased my confidence and has affected my whole life and my relationships . I am a college student and I have been away from home for 1 years now ..and my weight has been influenced by emotional eating and depression ...But today I want to make a big step in becoming the person I want to be :) ..and I really need motivation to press on

Coming here you've already taken a step in the right direction. Log what you eat and Drink and try to start adding a little walking into your daily routine. MFP is the best way to start this cause you can track it all in one place3. Good luck and happy losing

• vuvulukhele
    Options
    Thank you
  • vuvulukhele
    Options
    I appreciate that

• Breeticus87
    Breeticus87 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You are in the right place, over the years I have been on MFP on and off (need to learn to stay on) and it has always been a super help. There are wonderful helpful people to make friends with and keep you motivated. Plenty of ads to give you ideas of what works for people. Also there are motivating stories, and forums to read and participate in. I have lost so much weight here before, and I am currently starting again. Good luck to you! I know you can do it!
  • vuvulukhele
    Options
    You are in the right place, over the years I have been on MFP on and off (need to learn to stay on) and it has always been a super help. There are wonderful helpful people to make friends with and keep you motivated. Plenty of ads to give you ideas of what works for people. Also there are motivating stories, and forums to read and participate in. I have lost so much weight here before, and I am currently starting again. Good luck to you! I know you can do it!
    Thanks so much for the encouragement and information :))