What Lunch/Dinner has High Protien, Low Carbs, Low Calories and also fills the stomach?

Options
What Lunch/Dinner has High Protien, Low Carbs, Low Calories and also fills the stomach? Basically good Ideas for lunch at work?

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Chicken salad
    Sautéed veggies with eggs
    Fish and veg

There's a trend here! Pick a protein you like, add veg you like, cook it up any way you like but watch the oils.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken/fish (just not salmon) and a green veg or cauliflower.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Meat: Chicken, turkey, pork, seafood, lean beef, eggs
    Vegetables: Salad greens, bell peppers, celery, carrots, cucumber, squash, zucchini, tomato, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, asparagus, cabbage, snow peas, edamame, brussel sprouts

There are literally thousands of ways you could prepare your proteins and veggies for a nice filling meal.

Check out skinnytaste.com for some recipes.
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Open faced tuna sandwich. Empty drained can of tuna right onto a sandwich thin, season tuna with salt and pepper, and toast in toaster oven. Surprisingly good! (I mean, considering the tuna is somewhat plain)
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Are you doing low carb, or just trying to keep carbs within reasonable limits? If you are open to some carbs, a grain bowl with a base of 1/2 cup quinoa, brown rice or savory oatmeal is a great lunch - add about 3 - 4 oz lean protein and 2 cups vegetables, with about a tbsp fat in the form of dressing, seeds, or nuts.

If you need fewer carbs than that, make your base from salad greens, zucchini noodles, cauliflower rice, or any other vegetables you enjoy. But unless you have a medical issue there's no need to be afraid of carbs, weight loss is based on calories, not how many carbs you eat.

Some lean proteins to consider:
    Eggs
    Chicken
    Tuna
    Salmon
    Pork tenderloin (roast ahead then cut slices as needed)
    Lean cuts of steak (grill a whole steak then slice part of it for lunch)
    Tofu
    Legumes - edamame, black beans, pinto beans, black eyed peas - halfway between carb and protein
    Cottage cheese
    Greek yogurt

Add low fat feta, Greek dressing, and tzatziki sauce, Greek bowl. Cumin, cilantro, salsa, guacamole, sour cream: Mexican bowl. Peanut sauce with red pepper, soy and lime: Thai bowl. Rice vinegar, soy, ginger, sesame oil: Japanese bowl. There are infinite variations depending on what you like to eat.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I had a taco salad last night that fit the bill.
  • markpbird
    markpbird Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    zrpdwx6qdgu4.jpeg

Green tea, grains, chicken breast, frozen peas and sweet corn. Takes 5’ to microwave, great balance of macronutrients and very tasty !
  • RachellaJ
    RachellaJ Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My most filling lunch/dinner that fits the bill is a chicken fajita salad. Sauté onions and peppers, set aside and sauté chicken. I season with a mixture of Chile con carne seasoning, cumin, salt, pepper, oregano,garlic powder,and taco seasoning. Once the chicken is done, add the peppers and onions back to the skillet and add salsa. Put on a lid and let it simmer for a bit. I serve this over lettuce with sour cream and avocado if I have it. So delicious and super filling! And it makes amazing leftovers.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Take whatever you used to have inside a sandwich, on a bun, in a wrap etc and put it over roasted cauliflower instead. Then, you still get the flavor profiles that you like but save calories and carbs from eliminating the bun.
  • Mitchwhite01
    Mitchwhite01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This thread though
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    markpbird wrote: »
    zrpdwx6qdgu4.jpeg

Green tea, grains, chicken breast, frozen peas and sweet corn. Takes 5’ to microwave, great balance of macronutrients and very tasty !

In what universe is a meal that includes grains, frozen peas, and sweet corn low carb?