Options
2»

Replies

• flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    Maybe it's my lot in life. LOL. I will see if quitting wine a few weeks ago makes a difference over time. I am in a deficit. I will keep at it I guess.

If you are losing, and following the advice in the want a nice stomach thread, just have to be really patient

Thank you for your thoughts and advice. I really appreciate it.
  • flippy1234
    Options
    WOW, great pictures! Thank you!
  • flippy1234
    Options
    janesmith1 wrote: »
    What if you upped your cardio to 2 hours a day?

This is a joke, right? LOL
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    janesmith1 wrote: »
    What if you upped your cardio to 2 hours a day?

This is a joke, right? LOL

Yea do not do that!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Almost every woman has that, even fit muscular women. Change your goal to half a pound a week. 2 lbs a week is ridiculous
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    What are your stats? Definitely give the thread above a read. But if you are at a good weight for your height, sometimes losing more won't help if you don't have the muscle base under it..so in that case you would follow the above but eat at maintenance and recomp.

I have great muscles under the fat. I just cannot seem to get rid of the fat. I was a wine drinker for years and years. I quit alcohol for the rest of my life 3 weeks ago. Yes, I had a problem. I am hoping that cutting out that sugar really helps in the long run. I can do ab work til the cows come home but I just cannot see the results. Ugh!

Congrats on getting sober!

When I stopped drinking in the 90s I developed a sweet tooth, so watch out for that ;)

If I could do it over again, I'd satisfy that with fruit, rather than with higher calorie M&Ms, Oreos, and Thin Mints.
  • flippy1234
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    What are your stats? Definitely give the thread above a read. But if you are at a good weight for your height, sometimes losing more won't help if you don't have the muscle base under it..so in that case you would follow the above but eat at maintenance and recomp.

I have great muscles under the fat. I just cannot seem to get rid of the fat. I was a wine drinker for years and years. I quit alcohol for the rest of my life 3 weeks ago. Yes, I had a problem. I am hoping that cutting out that sugar really helps in the long run. I can do ab work til the cows come home but I just cannot see the results. Ugh!

When I stopped drinking in the 90s I developed a sweet tooth, so watch out for that ;)

If I could do it over again, I'd satisfy that with fruit, rather than with higher calorie M&Ms, Oreos, and Thin Mints.

LOL, I have been craving ice cream!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

LOL, I have been craving ice cream!

Maybe try Halo Top. It's low calorie and high protein. I like it when I am craving ice cream.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Thank you sardelsa. I am 5'5" and about 130lbs. I currently have MFP at 1000 calories a day to lose 2 lbs per week. I work out 5 days a week doing weights and cardio. Not sure what else I can do but wait...

I am also 5' 5" 125 lbs.
    I am at 1340 calories to lose .5 per week
    My goal weight is 117-120

My profile pic is rather deceiving I think due to lighting, stretching 'up' as much as I can, sucking in and such to get a "good" picture lol ..... I have pudgy front bit on my stomach that I absolutely hate with some love handles that I don't love either....

Last month, I got down to 122 and it felt amazing! My stomach was so close to being flat that I was super excited!! Unfortunately, I celebrated my achievement of being so close to my goal weight with lots of food and beer and went up at 127 temporarily.... ugh. Slowly making my way back down again, so that I can be smart and not gain it all back like a dummy LOL