Dieting brides or grooms to be?

Options
I get married in 60 days, I am heavier than I want to be and want to lose weight so I can be happier on the day

Any brides or grooms to be, do you want to support each other?

Replies

• JMcGee2018
    JMcGee2018 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm a bride to be, although I have a year to lose. That said, we're having a poolside wedding in California so I need to look good in my dress AND a swimsuit 0.o I'm here for support if you need it.
  • terri2421
    terri2421 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Getting married in july. We are having an outdoor wedding and i really want to lose some weight before the wedding. I absolutely love that there are suppirt groups on this app. I am on my 3rd day of my calorie counting diet....
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Getting married in October and anytime I want to cheat I think of my dress and the back fat...hahaha
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Getting married the first weekend of May. YIKES. Why didn't I start dieting 12 years ago? Don't have a dress yet. Shopping has been demoralizing.
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in December of this year. We got engaged in November and seeing myself in pictures of the proposal was the motivation I needed to realize, "I don't want to look this way in our wedding pictures!"

I'm here for support, feel free to add as a friend!

Those of you who have been at it for a while during your engagement, when did you start trying on dresses? I'm hoping to go down at least another size or two before I go for my first trial.

Also, are your fiance's on your weightloss journey too?
  • JMcGee2018
    JMcGee2018 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Too far out for me to be trying on dresses, but to answer the second part, while my fiancé is supportive of my journey, he's a skinny little thing with a very active job so regularly eats twice what I do.

He cooks a lot but lets me weigh the components either before or after so I can get an accurate calorie count, which is really nice since I know it messes up his cooking groove lol.
  • emmasjones721
    emmasjones721 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Im gtting married in august! Have lost a stone already but would like another 2 iff ideally by the wedding!! Any fellow brodes to be feel free to add me
  • Doozer38
    Doozer38 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Getting married in August so let's do this!
  • SuzJok85
    SuzJok85 Posts: 14 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    So am I a special kind of crazy if one of my fitness motivations is that I’m pretty certain my boyfriend will propose this summer or fall? Just getting a head start... lol :blush: :::checks her private Pinterest premature wedding-planning board::: :smiley:
  • tasia316
    tasia316 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    July wedding 250lb need to get close or just about 150ish
  • gemmash64
    gemmash64 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Getting married summer 2019, which is good because it gives me plenty of time to lose the weight but also tricky for maintaining the motivation to keep it off...! I also don't have loads to lose so it sometimes feels like the progress is slow...
  • Dacia36
    Dacia36 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm also a bride- to- be as well. Wedding isn't until next summer. I'd love to lose 50 lbs. I wonder how doable that is. Anyway, what are all of you doing to lose weight? Any special programs or excercise regimens? Please share and does anybody need a motivation buddy? Cause I sure do. Thanks-
  • Diastole
    Diastole Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I downloaded a 7 mins a day exercise app (the one by Perigee) in preparation for my wedding in October. 7 mins isn`t a lot but I can already see how unfit I am! It`s not unmotivating like a 45 min Insanity either. Good luck to everyone!
  • VeronicaMarie27
    VeronicaMarie27 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My wedding is April 28, 2018 AHHHH!!!! SO SOON!!!!!
    I've already lost ~18 lbs, but hoping to lose another 8-10 before the wedding! (My dress has a lace up back so it should be okay even if I lose that much weight - but man oh man, do NOT tell a bridal store alterations department you're losing weight or they will PANIC! Unless you have a fantastic alterations lady like me… <3;) who calmed everyone else down!)
    Friend request me and let's hold each other accountable!!!!!
  • victoria8btr
    victoria8btr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Eloping in 4 months and I’m struggling . I’m at my highest and needing to lose some weight soon ... looking for support from other BTBs
  • redredy9
    Options
    Congrats to everyone on your upcoming weddings!

@veronicaringel - I am getting married the weekend after you are but I just started this week! So far down 1 pound. 14 to go!

@SuzJok85 - I wish I had started in advance! I knew a proposal was coming (we had the ring!) but I procrastinated. Not very smart of me.

I am going gluten free and might go Keto for April if I need to kick it up for the last month. I am working out as much as I can but need to add strength training a few times a week. I am also cutting back on alcohol and tracking all my calories.

I've started dress shopping but am taking a break. I'll order a bunch online to try on March 1 and make my decision then. I ordered 6 online and tried them all on for my girlfriends this weekend. The ones I really liked were too small. The one that fit I didn't love. I want to give myself a chance to lose a little weight before trying on dresses again.

I ordered the first round from Lulu's, Amazon and Macys. They all arrived within a week and have free returns.

I also ordered 4 pairs of shoes. I LOVE all the shoes of course.

• VeronicaMarie27
    VeronicaMarie27 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    @redredy9 go keto!!!! I’ve been doing keto and it is amazing!!! And so easy! I’d recommend starting sooner rather than later though, because you tend to feel funny the first couple days... (Keto flu) and I’ve read some people who say it lasted weeks! Plus you lose all water weight the first couples weeks/months, so if you want to lose more fat, then starting sooner rather than later is ideal! Just my suggestion though! I can’t say enough about his diet!!!
  • redredy9
    Options
    @veronicaringel : you make a lot of sense. ugh. I haven't wanted to commit to Keto but MARCH! I'll start March 1 and see how it goes.

Do you use any guides or resources for recipes or support that have helped you?

• Dannili86
    Dannili86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m getting married this September in Honolulu. I have about 3-4lbs to lose and need to get toned/build muscle. My fiancé is on the same boat but needs to lose about 15-20lbs. We just started Keto diet yesterday. And we plan to start hitting the gym in a week or so once our bodies adjust to the new diet.

I can always use some motivations! Please feel free to add me as a friend to share your stories! :)
  • sakassab
    sakassab Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in June and NO WHERE even close to where I would like to be! Please add me and wee can work together!