Home Workout Help?

Options
Hello, I am trying to get into shape and trying to lose weight. I would like some help with some exercise routines and ways to stay on track.
I would like to know some cardio, chest, arms, and full body workouts and routines. (Just FYI I do not have much exercise equipment at home besides a pull up bar.

Replies

• dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Have you checked out Youtube for workouts? You don't need a lot of equipment to get a great workout. You can look into workout programs like Convict Conditioning and other body weight workouts. That combined with walking or running and you're set.
  • dani7098
    dani7098 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Definitely YouTube. Jessica Smith TV channel is good for all levels no equipment needed and Body Fit by Amy. Also have Pop Sugar Fitness
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Hasfit I won't look at any others now the post a new workout routine monthly 5 day's on 2 days off each month is different there are 2 trainers one does the "hard" version and one shows you a "modified easier" version
  • medjewel
    medjewel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    As the others have recommended, YouTube is the way to go. I would highly recommend Fitnessblender as they have some really great workouts on their channel and as a bonus they are some really great, genuine people. For a lot of their workouts you don't need to have any equipment. If you want more from them they also have a website and in addition to their free videos have some paid and personalised programmes if that's what you're looking for.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    if you want to learn how to run there's c25k app
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,496 Member
    Options
    I'm only doing bodyweight workouts at the moment, and they do get me in shape. I'm certainly not complaining.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    What about JustDance?
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Your body will give you all the resistance you need to get strong and lean. Stick to the basics. Pushups, Pullups, Dips, Planks, Situps, Burpees, squats and lunges. Try doing holds for 1-2 seconds at the top and bottom of every workout to really make it challenging.
  • Nursie863
    Nursie863 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    PopSugar on Youtube has some fun workouts. I also like Jenny Ford step workouts, if you have a step. Resistance bands are also good if you are short on space.
  • Bellavita31
    Bellavita31 Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Do you have any equipment or DVD's??
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Look up You are your own gym, Convict Conditioning, Naked Warrior, or DDP Yoga.
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Darebee.com is also a good resource for at home bodyweight workouts. Lots of different workouts and programs from built for you to build you own.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    Another free workout resource that I found really helpful was HASFIT.com great videos and monthly calendar based workout plans for different levels of fitness with links to the videos.
  • idabest777
    idabest777 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    FitnessBlender is amazing. They have a youtube channel but you can also go to their website to customize the type of workout you want to do (no equipment, cardio, upper/lower body, time, calories) and it'll filter things out for you.

Any time I don't feel like or don't have enough time to venture out to the gym I through on one of those and get a pretty intense workout in.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Another vote for FitnessBlender!
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    You might want to look around on craigslist and see if you can pick up a weight bench or some other exercise equipment on the cheap. You can find some pretty good deals on there sometimes.
  • StevefromMichigan
    Options
    Walmart has some pretty cheap dumbells too, that serve their purpose.
  • JustSomeJD
    JustSomeJD Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    kazgorat1 wrote: »

I have some of these and they work just fine. They are used as resistance to build muscle. They don't need to be fancy or expensive.
  • StevefromMichigan
    Options
    JustSomeJD wrote: »
    kazgorat1 wrote: »

I have some of these and they work just fine. They are used as resistance to build muscle. They don't need to be fancy or expensive.

Yep.Got 5 or 6 myself!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I have a treadmill at home. That's all I do apart from going for walks.