DoctorWhoFan
Julijulz
jagrib0112
vanzandtsusan
arkenny
martinah4
scooterboy2003
gmhvin

Week 3: So, how did everyone do this week? Let us know what worked, what didn't, the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Also, everyone needs to either post their weight to this thread TODAY, or send it to me in a message. Even if you weighed in earlier this week, post the number again to this thread. I need to know who our active participants are, and who we've lost along the way.

The Challenge for Week 3 is to get AT LEAST 7 hours of sleep each night. We all know how important sleep is, but how many of us actually make it a priority? http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/lose-weight-while-sleeping

Let's have a great week!

Replies

• PianoRaven
    Options
    I had an okay week. I did lose 2.4 (:happy: ), but I still didn't feel like I gave it my all.

In review of my week, I've realized that I do soooo much better on the days I exercise. Exercising really affects my whole mentality for the day. So, my goal this week is to exercise 6 days, and strength train 2 days. I haven't been to the gym to lift weights in so long that my membership card is probably growing cobwebs!

I'm also going to try really hard to get the challenge done. This will probably the toughest challenge for me. I have 3 young kids, so I don't get much time to myself. By the time they are all in bed, I just want to relax by watching TV (something other than Disney) or reading (something other than Dr. Seuss). When I finally get to bed, my youngest often wakes me up several times. But this week, I am really going to focus on getting to bed earlier.
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    Mon, Aug 8 week 1 weigh in
    July 11 : Beginning weight 248.8
    July 25 : Beginning challenge weight 233.4
    Week 1 weigh in : 227.0
    Week 1 challenge loss 6.4 pounds
    Week 2 Weigh in 221.0
    Week 2 challenge loss 6.0

Total challenge loss 12.4
    Total loss since starting in July : 27.8

I have not lost any weight in 2 days but I'm still doing the same stuff. Grrr.
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Weigh In (7/25): 316.2
    Week 2 Weigh In (8/1): 310.2
    Week 2 Weigh In (8/8): 304.4

Goal Weight: 305 ((((Revised - 297))))

Welll.......I've exceeded my goal weight. lol I've revised my goal weight.

Week 2 Loss: 5.8 lbs
  • lmontelongo1
    Options
    160.7...only down .2, but that's a lot better than I had expected. Last week was one of the worst weeks I have had in a long time. While my portions were small, I ate a ton of food that I would normally avoid due to fat and sodium. My sodium was through the roof. That, and I believe I only got in about 2 or 3 workouts. I'm back on track and hope to see some real progess this week. I felt horrible last week between the poor food choices and very little exercise.
  • lmontelongo1
    Options
    Week 1 Weigh In (7/25): 316.2
    Week 2 Weigh In (8/1): 310.2
    Week 2 Weigh In (8/8): 304.4

Goal Weight: 305 ((((Revised - 297))))

Welll.......I've exceeded my goal weight. lol I've revised my goal weight.

Week 2 Loss: 5.8 lbs

Wow, that is amazing. Keep up the great work!! Do you mind sharing some tips?
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Piano, I'm still not on the list of active members. :cry:

This morning's weight: 328.6...if I can rid myself of .6, I will officially be down 20 pounds from my heaviest weight at the end of the last school year.

Sleep is a really tough one for me. Even when I go to bed early, I wake up super early. I am really going to try and make it a priority though.
  • Julijulz
    Julijulz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Weigh in's are killing me! :D Too bad we don't have measure-in's. I have stayed the same weight for the past 3 weeks, but I lost an inch on my waist and hips. So yay!

SW for challenge: 239lbs
    CW for challenge: 244lbs

Starting weight before MFP: 274lbs

My goals this week are to tighten up on things. I want to work a ton more veggies into my eating habits and to exceed my water requirements. I also want to get out of the mind frame that the number on the scale out weighs everything else. I've been taught my whole life that the number on the scale is what really counts. That's truly not the case. :)
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    No change for me, thank you PMS. I probably didn't drink as much water as I should have, and I wasn't tracking my food as well as I should have. 0 loss, 0 gain.
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Yesterday I weighed in at 188. That's a loss of 3.5 pounds :)

I worked out a little less than normal due to the moving thing but I still got some good calorie burns. I also ended up eating a lot of subway due to not having any food or any silverware etc. But I'm still on the right track. Still 6 pounds from my goal weight but we have a few more weeks left :)
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    Yesterday I weighed in at 188. That's a loss of 3.5 pounds :)

I worked out a little less than normal due to the moving thing but I still got some good calorie burns. I also ended up eating a lot of subway due to not having any food or any silverware etc. But I'm still on the right track. Still 6 pounds from my goal weight but we have a few more weeks left :)

Plenty of time. You can do it. I have been stuck for 3 days, but still working at it.
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    173.4 lbs

Soooooo disappointed...
  • lovelyfacex3
    lovelyfacex3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am 210. I lost 2.4 this week, I think ... my sister's scale is kind of unreliable. I just bought a new one.

Also I'm on vacation this week without access to a gym soo I'm probably eating more than usual and burning less. Not looking forward to this week's weigh in on Friday. Sigh.
  • jbiancad
    jbiancad Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Todays weigh in is 170.9
    I was so excited when I stepped on the scale and it said that because I had a horrible weekend foodwise!
    hope everyone is doing well!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Weigh in's are killing me! :D Too bad we don't have measure-in's. I have stayed the same weight for the past 3 weeks, but I lost an inch on my waist and hips. So yay!

SW for challenge: 239lbs
    CW for challenge: 244lbs

Starting weight before MFP: 274lbs

My goals this week are to tighten up on things. I want to work a ton more veggies into my eating habits and to exceed my water requirements. I also want to get out of the mind frame that the number on the scale out weighs everything else. I've been taught my whole life that the number on the scale is what really counts. That's truly not the case. :)

Juli, definitely don't JUST go by the scale. I say if you are losing inches than you are doing something far more real than anything the scale might say...because it will say 10 different things a day if you let it. WTG on the inches lost, and the 30 pounds you are already down; that's a great accomplishment!
  • PianoRaven
    Options
    Here are the results for Week 2:

:heart: scooterboy2003.....2.64% :heart:
    tjandjmkahrs..........2.03%
    jagrib0112.............1.87%
    k2quiere ................1.56%
    PianoRaven...........1.35%
    lovelyfacex3...........1.13%
    AriannaInIdaho .....0.99%
    szczepj..................0.79%
    jbiancad.................0.69%
    lmontelongo1.........0.18%
    Julijulz....................0
    martinah4...............0
    imarunner8908.......0

Congrats to Scooterboy, our weekly winner!!:bigsmile:

We lost a total of 31.9 lbs this week!

By the way, I didn't get weights or responses from DoctorWhoFan, arkenny, vanzandtsusan, or gmhvin. Please check-in so we know that you are still in the challenge!
  • szczepj
    Options
    Everyone is doing awesome :) Keep it up! Together we've lost almost an entire person. Almost :)
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    Everyone is doing awesome :) Keep it up! Together we've lost almost an entire person. Almost :)

This kind of encouragement is AWSOME! Thanks.
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    B I N G O !!!

I have reached my challenge weight of 220. I started out challenge at 233.4 and now I am 219.8. I was so excited that I got up early just to celebrate with you all. :):happy:

Thanks for all your encouragement!!!
  • szczepj
    Options
    B I N G O !!!

I have reached my challenge weight of 220. I started out challenge at 233.4 and now I am 219.8. I was so excited that I got up early just to celebrate with you all. :):happy:

Thanks for all your encouragement!!!

Good job.
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    So, my wife says that after 3 pregnancies (and three 3rd trimesters) and approximately 12 total months of the big belly during the three pregnancies that she never expected her belly to return to normal. ... She says "why do you think your belly will shrink back down after you lose weight? You stretched it for more than 5 years and that could be equal to 20 third trimesters of pregnancy". Please my friends, tell me it ain't so!