2»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    baconslave wrote: »
    In your diary looks like you've set it for low-carb, low-fat now. That's difficult stuff there. Keto is higher fat than that. And you are undereating. Check out the groups if you haven't already. Also, read reddit Keto's FAQ. https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq

I didn't look at the diary, but that sounds like a PSMF diet... low carb, low fat, moderate to high protein depending on activity type and level. I've done it, but it should be short term. Also, it is not really for someone who isn't very knowledgeable. If OP is not familiar with keto flu and electrolyte needs with keto, then it is reasonable to say PSMF is too advanced.

And low protein. OP is not doing PSMF, OP doesn't even really know what keto is so the chances of them knowing what PSMF is and executing it appropriately are probably close to nil. She's just flat out undereating all macros.

OP has also now closed her diary so I guess didn't like the answers.

well when I peeked, Fat was set at 33g and protein was set at 195g, and carbs 30gish.
    Wasn't even getting close to her calorie goal which was 1200, IIRC.

I didn't look at what the macros were set at, but I did see low cals and actually very low protein (consistent with the 13% she says in the first post) with fat as the highest macro. My guess is that she'd changed to keto recently and not reset the macro goals.

Anyway, OP, this is not meant to make you feel uncomfortable, and I do think that if you are interested in keto the group I linked is a really good place to learn about it. People are friendly.
  • goalsforever03
    goalsforever03 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone ! I decided to first go to a doctor and make sure I can do this. Honestly I had no idea how to set my macros because I never used to watch them. I eat when I am hungry and some days I go over 1200 and others I go under. I am interested in Keto but for the moment I had to stop because I want to get checked out. I read about the flue symptoms but I felt like mine were severe. Next time I want to feel better about doing Keto .
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone ! I decided to first go to a doctor and make sure I can do this. Honestly I had no idea how to set my macros because I never used to watch them. I eat when I am hungry and some days I go over 1200 and others I go under. I am interested in Keto but for the moment I had to stop because I want to get checked out. I read about the flue symptoms but I felt like mine were severe. Next time I want to feel better about doing Keto .

not trying to be rude but when doing keto maybe do more research? keto is low carb(50g net or less-many do 25g or less),high fat -(60% or more of your calories) and moderate protein. sodium levels should be 3500-5000 mg per day on keto. you probably felt like it was severe because of the low calories along with the low protein and fat. you cant do low everything thats not keto. when one macro comes down another has to go up.

if you are doing it because you have a health issue or cant get your appetite under control thats one thing and keto can help some with appetite issues. but if you are doing it just to lose weight,you dont need to any way of eating can result in weight loss if you are in a deficit of calories.