Breyer's Delights? Have you tried it yet?

I've noticed Breyer's introduced their version of Halo Top (which I am in LOVE with). I was wondering if anybody could give a comparison of the two? Halo Top just hasn't gone on sale in a while but Breyer's is so I was wondering if it was worth giving it a shot.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I like it better than Halo Top as it doesn't have that artificial aftertaste that burns my mouth like HT does.

Still not worth the full price though.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Are they cheaper? I love about half of the HT flavors, the other half are just not creamy enough and taste more like frozen water. But, at nearly $5 a pint most places it's just stupid expensive for so little protein. You would get more protein in a bag of jerky. I break down and buy HT about once a week, but I was buying it more often until I realized I was spending $20-$30 a week on it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Are they cheaper? I love about half of the HT flavors, the other half are just not creamy enough and taste more like frozen water. But, at nearly $5 a pint most places it's just stupid expensive for so little protein. You would get more protein in a bag of jerky. I break down and buy HT about once a week, but I was buying it more often until I realized I was spending $20-$30 a week on it.

About $1 cheaper here but they never get on sale.
  • Spliner1969
    Will have to look for them next to the Halo Top next time I'm at the store. Lately I've been skipping the Halo Top and sticking with Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom for a low calorie treat and added fiber. It's also way cheaper.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    I found some last night. Down here, it looks like they are only sold at Walgreens. I tried the Mint Chip, since that's my favorite Halo flavor. The texture seemed icier. Taste was good and there seemed slightly more chocolate chips. Probably hence the higher calories.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Cheaper than Halo Top. A little disappointed by the chocolate but the vanilla was pretty good.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Better than Halo Top, but still a poor excuse for Ice Cream.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    I've discovered Artic Zero. It's close to HT but without the sugar alcohols. Sugar alcohols wreak havoc on my insides! 300 calories, 12g protein and fiber per pint. Cookie dough is ok. I liked the cherry chocolate chunk. I have brownie blast in my freezer to try. I found them at Walmart. I wouldn't really call either of them ice cream.
  • Spliner1969
    I hated the Arctic Zero, tasted like frozen ice water to me, barely any flavor. But I'll admit I only tried a couple of flavors.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    I was wondering if that's what this was- may have to grab it and try it out.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited February 2018
    I hated the Arctic Zero, tasted like frozen ice water to me, barely any flavor. But I'll admit I only tried a couple of flavors.

Yeah, although they have a newer product line coming soon (more calories, pretty much no protein) which is supposed to be more comparable to halo top.

https://www.arcticzero.com/light-ice-cream
  • southrnchic479
    southrnchic479 Posts: 136 Member
    @Spliner1969 I'm with you. It was AWFUL and tasted icey like water with chocolate syrup. HaloTop = :heart:
  • Spliner1969
    @Spliner1969 I'm with you. It was AWFUL and tasted icey like water with chocolate syrup. HaloTop = :heart:

I actually get this in some flavors of Halo Top as well, not all, just a few. If they sold Halo Top in 1/2 gallon sizes at a discount it'd be in my freezer at all times, however the $5 pints are simply a once a week thing at most for me these days. Some days I think I'll just freeze some of my Chocolate Isolate powder mixed with a little almond milk and make my own, it'd have more protein than all of those other brands lol. I did make a shake once out of a scoop of my protein powder (30g protein, 150 cals) and about a cup of Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom vanilla and a little unsweetened almond milk. Wasn't half bad. More calories than a pint of Halo Top, but more protein as well.
  • JoRocka

I actually get this in some flavors of Halo Top as well, not all, just a few. If they sold Halo Top in 1/2 gallon sizes at a discount it'd be in my freezer at all times, however the $5 pints are simply a once a week thing at most for me these days. Some days I think I'll just freeze some of my Chocolate Isolate powder mixed with a little almond milk and make my own, it'd have more protein than all of those other brands lol. I did make a shake once out of a scoop of my protein powder (30g protein, 150 cals) and about a cup of Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom vanilla and a little unsweetened almond milk. Wasn't half bad. More calories than a pint of Halo Top, but more protein as well.

it goes "bad" though- mine gets massive freezer burn if I don't eat it quickly- I typically cant' make it through a whole pint in one sitting- and then I Just leave it there. It's kind of sad. No way I could get through the whole 1/2 gallon. fast enough.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »

it goes "bad" though- mine gets massive freezer burn if I don't eat it quickly- I typically cant' make it through a whole pint in one sitting- and then I Just leave it there. It's kind of sad. No way I could get through the whole 1/2 gallon. fast enough.

Yes, I've run into this issue as well. I can definitely eat a whole pint, but there is something about my freezer at home that kills Halo Top. Total freezer burn. No issues keeping it at work.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka wrote: »

Yes, I've run into this issue as well. I can definitely eat a whole pint, but there is something about my freezer at home that kills Halo Top. Total freezer burn. No issues keeping it at work.

I think the cardboard doesn't help. My Talenti keeps WAY longer for sure.
  • Spliner1969
    Good point my freezer does the same, probably because I have it set at 0F. Some people keep theirs slightly warmer. I know when I want to eat a pint of Halo Top I have to let it sit out for a while before it's worth eating, when it's solid as a rock it just doesn't taste as good.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited February 2018
    bagge72 wrote: »
    Better than Halo Top, but still a poor excuse for Ice Cream.

That's because Breyers in general is a very poor excuse for ice cream.

Personally I would rather eat Halo Top or Enlightened over Breyers.

If I wanted regular ice cream I would either get Edy's, Turkey Hill, Talenti, Ben & Jerry's, or Haagen Dazs.