Weight loss supplements

Options
2»

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    woozle7493 wrote: »
    Been on them for 5 days. Working, as far as i can tell. I'm still eating so i see no problem. No adverse side effects that i can see. Calories are restricted, so I'm losing weight. I'm not real worried about the appetite returning.

You should be. What is your reasoning behind thinking it just won't be an issue? You can't take these meds forever.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Well, if you’re prescribed this to “jump start “ your weight loss, ask your doctor when you should wean off it. Maybe the intent is to use it for two months or so? Because a jump start is intended to be a short term thing!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Kelkat405 wrote: »
    Phentermine is no joke. You’ll be running around like never before. Your house will be cleaner than it was brand new. I have taken this before. You never get hungry. They scared me so I stopped. It’s like you are on cocaine or something.

I never got the running around thing with phentermine due to the couple hours of broken sleep i got every night. The lack of sleep and walking around in a zombie state over rid any extra energy i might of got with that drug. It was a hellish experience, and something i will never, ever repeat again!
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Well, if you’re prescribed this to “jump start “ your weight loss, ask your doctor when you should wean off it. Maybe the intent is to use it for two months or so? Because a jump start is intended to be a short term thing!

It's only for 3 months.
  • Daydreams406
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    woozle7493 wrote: »
    Been on them for 5 days. Working, as far as i can tell. I'm still eating so i see no problem. No adverse side effects that i can see. Calories are restricted, so I'm losing weight. I'm not real worried about the appetite returning.

You should be. What is your reasoning behind thinking it just won't be an issue? You can't take these meds forever.

Because i already log my food and calories and am aware of what i am putting in my body. I'm only going to be on them for 3 months. Its not long term. Its just a jump start, because it is difficult for me to exercise due to my chronic illnesses. I am a part of a gym now, but have to limit what i do.
  • Daydreams406
    Options
    id find a new doc if she told me to take a pill to lose weight.

I asked her.
  • Sandythinandfit
    Sandythinandfit Posts: 58 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    As long as you are logging your food, you should do great. I am not familiar with Diethylpropion, but I have done really well on Phentermine. After awhile, you'll find it curbs your appetite a bit, and you won't have any side effects. For me, it just helps me not overeat after dinner. I got as thin as I look in that picture! That's from 4 years ago. I have to log my food, and I stopped doing it, stopped exercising, and started eating a lot of junk food. That picture is my inspiration to get thin again.