Light Petites Maintaining on 2000+ Calories...?

Options
Women under 5'4" and under 120 lbs, would you please share your workout/exercise routines? I'm working to change my routine more regularly, so I am looking into new workouts. Yes, I do realize CO vary per individual, but I'd like some fresh ideas and a starting point. I did skim through that "5’2 females, how are you maintaining?" thread, but some women are maintaining at a higher BMI and/or didn't elaborate. I would like specific details please, not a standard "I do cardio/lift X times a week" response. What routine and/or the websites and videos you follow? How long have you been maintaining, and have you stuck to the same thing in maintenance? If not, how often do you change anything (from movement adjustments to entire routine changes)? TIA!

Replies

• neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone!
  • Sandythinandfit
    Sandythinandfit Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0.5 (Got to get that half inch in!). I hope I really can eat 2000 and stay the same. In reality, I think I have to stay at 1700 or 1800 to be stable. My weight fluctuates a lot, and I never did get to my goal of 110.

I do Zumba 2 or 3 times a week. I started weight training a couple of weeks ago, but only did it once so far.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 115 lbs. I've been in maintenance since last July. I maintain on 1800-1900 cals per day plus I usually eat at least one cheat meal per week. I have done very sparatic cardio since going into maintenance. Sometimes I enjoy a bike ride or a hike with the family. I do walk my dog almost every day. I occasionally do yoga or Pilates for active rest. But my main workouts are strength training. I have done both 3 day full body workouts and 4 day upper lower splits. I get bored easily so I change up my routine about every 5-6 weeks. I keep track of all if my lifts and I make sure to increase on either form, reps, or weight every week.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 113, 52yrs-Maintained since 2011. I eat 1800-2000+.
    I lift 3 days a week following principals of New rules of lifting and Alwyn Cosgrove programs.
    Mon-Upper Body
    Tues-Abs and walk dog
    Wed-Lower Body
    Thur-Rest with walk dog
    Fri-TRX and bodyweight/Abs
    Sat-Full Body
    Sun-Rest and highest cal day

I change up my routines every 6 weeks.To keep Muscles guessing and brain from boredom. I work out at home gym. Another week I switch 2 full body days and 1 day weight plate work out. Cardio is minimal, walking and toss in a short HIT here and there. But active walking and outdoor activity for fun.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I think someone on here thinks the WOO button is for HURRAH, great job. MFP really needs to get rid of that thing. Esp if at some point they start giving people warnings for being woo'd an X # of times...

There's no indication they are planning on tying it into the warning system . . .
  • neldabg
    Options
    5’1.75
    Maintaining about 98.
    Looking at 1850 cal daily for now but will increase in the summer
    I am not sure if activity level is the biggest driver. I have been injured and been sick since Mid Dec so my activity has been less than I would like. I think it’s the whole picture and not just the workouts. I think you CAN reverse diet a little and keep increasing Cals slowly without gaining somehow your body learns to convert to energy vs store as fat. I’m no expert. Just my experience. Only in maintenance since Oct last year. Hope this helps

I'm also not an expert myself, but I think there's some truth to that. May people here on MFP have shared stories of being able to slowly increase their intake up to a certain number while maintaining their weight (all else seemingly constant).
  • neldabg
    Options
    I possibly might not apply to this, but I am 5'3 and 150lbs (but at 22% bf) and I maintain at about 2400, with 10k steps a day, 3 Olympic weight lifting sessions a week and a functional cardio session and longer dog walks on the weekend :)

Yeah, that's definitely way above my maintenance range, but you look AMAZING!