One Year with Jillian - Commitment Thread

Options

Replies

• FitBride080611
    FitBride080611 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’d love to join this group! I currently work out at a gym that designs 45 min workouts, mix of cardio and strength. It’s called Elite Personal Fitness. I try to go 4-5 days a week. I also have been meaning to start my at home routine up again and loveee Jillian!! I’m going to try to make doing a home dvd every day a commitment instead of just an idea that never happens!!! I’m going to post today when I get it done!!!
  • MindtheCurves
    MindtheCurves Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ive started 30 day shred so many times but never finished it i always fail in a week or 10 days maximum.
    so im doing it every other day now
    4 x - level 1 - so far.
  • fionawilliamson
    fionawilliamson Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i am currently in the middle of her Body Resolution series, I have started before but not finished. Its a progressive series lastly 12 weeks. She does a lot of lunges which is hard on my old knees but I modify. So far I am enjoying it. I have a GF that loves Chalene and swears by her programs. Think I will try her next.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Current Program
    Mixed. Not following any DVD program, because I like variety.

Progress
    Day 32: Hard Body - Level 2
    I wasn't quite ready for this one. I think I will wait a little longer before attempting level 2 again.

Day 33: Killer Body - Firm Buns & Thighs

I accidentally put duplicate days on some of my posts.
    I am on day 33 (started Jan 8 the).

• cherrybomb333
    cherrybomb333 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    @FitBride080611 That sounds awesome! Is it a similar setup to OrangeTheory, or more of a boot camp feel? I've always wanted to do a boutique style-program, but there aren't many options around here. Welcome!

@MindtheCurves We're starting in a very similar place. I've finished 30DS, but never straight through in 30 days, so I always mentally recorded it as a "fail" and let that sidetrack any further progress. This time the goal is less about the program's timeline and more about just staying as consistent as possible. Good luck!!

@fionawilliamson How do you like doing a longer program? I always feel like 12 weeks is a great goal, but it can be intimidating. I'm also a big Chalene fan, and I love her PiYo program!

@shadow2soul Great job being so consistent! It's definitely motivating to see, and your progress speaks for itself!
  • cherrybomb333
    Options
    Current Program:
    30 Day Shred

Progress:
    Day 18 - completed
    Day 19 - completed
  • cherrybomb333
    Options
    Current Program:
    30 Day Shred

Progress:

Day 20 - completed
  • fionawilliamson
    fionawilliamson Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    @FitBride080611 That sounds awesome! Is it a similar setup to OrangeTheory, or more of a boot camp feel? I've always wanted to do a boutique style-program, but there aren't many options around here. Welcome!

@MindtheCurves We're starting in a very similar place. I've finished 30DS, but never straight through in 30 days, so I always mentally recorded it as a "fail" and let that sidetrack any further progress. This time the goal is less about the program's timeline and more about just staying as consistent as possible. Good luck!!

@fionawilliamson How do you like doing a longer program? I always feel like 12 weeks is a great goal, but it can be intimidating. I'm also a big Chalene fan, and I love her PiYo program!

@shadow2soul Great job being so consistent! It's definitely motivating to see, and your progress speaks for itself!

To tell you the truth I have started this 12 week program more than once and quit. I would not move on to the next phase until I finished the last one perfectly. This time I do my best and move on to the next phases based on the schedule. They get progressively harder so I like that, but she is addicted to lunges which are hard on my knees. When I am done with this I think I will join beach body online. Access to so many different programs. That appeals to me.
  • cherrybomb333
    Options
    @fionawilliamson I've done the exact same thing. And gotten myself into this weird headspace where I honestly believed that the only way I'd be physically able to get decent results is by doing the program perfectly. Like the whole "Lose 20 pounds in 30 days" etc is some conditional magic bullet. That's such a hard mindset to pull out of. Good job approaching things differently! I also did beach body online for a bit, and I did Les Mills on demand for the same reasons. It's nice having that much variety, so you can almost always find something that interests you.
  • cherrybomb333
    Options
    Current Program:
    30 Day Shred

Progress:
    Day 21 - completed
  • cherrybomb333
    Options
    Current Program:
    30 Day Shred

Progress:
    Day 22 - completed
  • cherrybomb333
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Current Program:
    30 Day Shred

Progress:
    Day 23 - completed

Working on finishing strong. I'm starting to evaluate the next steps after this round of 30DS. After looking into the JM app/Gauntlet program, I'm thinking I'd rather stick closer to what has been working for me. Right now I think I would be most successful doing a second round of 30DS at higher weights (moving up to 5s and 10s from 3s and 5s this round), and then moving to Ripped in 30.
  • chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Current Program:
    30 Day Shred

Progress:
    Day 23 - completed

Working on finishing strong. I'm starting to evaluate the next steps after this round of 30DS. After looking into the JM app/Gauntlet program, I'm thinking I'd rather stick closer to what has been working for me. Right now I think I would be most successful doing a second round of 30DS at higher weights (moving up to 5s and 10s from 3s and 5s this round), and then moving to Ripped in 30.

I did two rounds of the 30 day shred back to back about three years ago. The results were stunning, but beware of one thing. I was getting bored with 30 day shred and decided to do ripped in 30 afterwards too. Ripped in 30 turned out to be too difficult for me, and I got derailed from exercising all together. I should have stuck with the 30 day shred because I was still getting resulys after losing 40 lbs. This is something you may want to consider.
  • cherrybomb333
    Options
    @chandraminick I appreciate the advice, and I can definitely see that potential. 30DS is one of those deceptive programs that's easy to get comfortable with because it's so repetitive. I'll try to keep a back up plan in mind just in case. Thanks!!

Current Program:
    30 Day Shred

Progress:
    Day 24 - completed
  • may3161
    may3161 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    30DS- day 1 of level 3.
    So far so good. Between a combination of 30 minutes cardio, CICO, and 30 DS every day I'm down 13 pounds.
  • cherrybomb333
    Options
    @may3161 Awesome job!!

Current Program:

30 Day Shred

Progress:
    Day 25 - completed
  • cherrybomb333
    Options
    Current Program:
    30 Day Shred

Progress:
    Day 26 - completed
  • may3161
    may3161 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    30 DS -Day 2 of level 3 completed. Besides the knee pain I'm going to say level 3 is my favorite, I like feeling that I'm actually putting some work.
  • cherrybomb333
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Agreed! Maybe it's because I started and stopped at level 1 so many times in the past, but that one always feels like such a trudge. Level 3 feels like work, but it still feels doable.

Current Program:

30 Day Shred

Progress:
    Day 27 - completed
  • cherrybomb333
    Options
    Current Program:
    30 Day Shred

Progress:
    Day 28 - completed
    Day 29 - completed