One Year with Jillian - Commitment Thread

Options

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Current Program
    Mixed. Not following any DVD program, because I like variety.

Progress
    Day 20: Rest
    Day 21: Killer Cardio - Level 2 (I actually kicked my *kitten* for the first time during Rockstar jumps. woot)
  • cherrybomb333
    cherrybomb333 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    @shadow2soul I really like your system. I tried to do that a while back with her DVDs, but I always second guess what I'm doing when I program things myself. Glad it's working out for you, and great job on your progress!

@nicholethompson24 Same here. I think Shred has become my default when I need results, or just need to kick myself back in to gear. I like the way she programs in general, and I always feel like I've accomplished something when I finish her workouts.

@gizmom19 Same here :) Especially her podcasts and interviews outside of TBL. She gives a lot of great advice and is extremely encouraging to people starting out.

@staticsplit Thanks for the recommendation. I've never checked those out, but I've heard good things.
  • cherrybomb333
    Options
    Current Program:
    30 Day Shred

Progress:
    Day 15 - completed
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    Current Program

Progress
    Day 22: Ripped in 30 - Week 1

• shadow2soul
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @shadow2soul I really like your system. I tried to do that a while back with her DVDs, but I always second guess what I'm doing when I program things myself. Glad it's working out for you, and great job on your progress!

Thanks. I am totally second guessing myself, but I want to try for at least 6 weeks and see what happens.

This is were I am at currently:
    x4y6gb1t3w46.jpeg
    z9x0225u2veo.jpeg
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i've done 30 day shred and ripped in 30. and body revolution i love her workouts
  • cherrybomb333
    Options
    @michael1976_ca How do those programs compare for you? I've heard good things about ripped and body revolution, but I haven't tried them yet.

@shadow2soul That's seriously great progress in that amount of time! Awesome job!!
  • cherrybomb333
    Options
    Current Program:
    30 Day Shred

Progress:
    Day 16 - completed

Currently tracking progress through measurements, and planning to update it every 30 days. I'm staying away from the scale at the moment because I find little fluctuations more frustrating than motivating. Great job to everyone sticking with their respective programs!
  • cherrybomb333
    Options
    Current Program:
    30 Day Shred

Progress:
    Day 17 - completed
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    @shadow2soul That's seriously great progress in that amount of time! Awesome job!!

I'm at a bit of a stand still with my Jillian workouts. This morning my 3 yr old accidentally poured his water directly on to my PS4 controller. The PS4 is the only way I have to play the DVD's. It's a bummer. I am still going to workout in the meantime and hoping I don't have to go buy a new controller this weekend (it was drenched so it's a high possibility).
  • shadow2soul
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Current Program

Progress
    Day 23: No Jillian (No way to play DVD...)

I was planning to do Killer Body - Firm Buns & Thighs, but because of the issue with the PS4 controller I did a lower body workout from the PumpUp app on my phone.

Day 24: Killer Cardio - Level 1

So the PS4 controller is trashed. I can get it to work for playing a DVD, but a game...not so much.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    @michael1976_ca How do those programs compare for you? I've heard good things about ripped and body revolution, but I haven't tried them yet.

body revolution is amazing it's 3 months program. it's set up to keep you from getting bored. as far as ripped in 30 i did that right after i finished 30 day shred. as far as compared the two of them i don't remember witch one was harder. i haven't done her workouts in a year and half
  • Bellavita27
    Bellavita27 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    "If you want to be better than you've ever been, you must do something that you've never done"

Like a lot of people, I'm on what feels like my millionth fresh start on MFP. I've had a lot of successes, failures, plateaus, and frustrations, and I know that I need to do things differently if I want to make this time my last "this time".

I know some people have mixed feelings about Jillian Michaels or her methods, and I have no desire to continue that debate here. Speaking personally, her programs have resonated with me, motivated me, and given me some of my best results compared to countless other avenues I've tried. I am starting this thread to commit to a year of her programs, and I invite anyone, whether you are doing a Jillian program or just want a place to commit to your daily workout goals, to join me.

I am currently on Day 8 of 30-Day Shred, and after completing that I am planning to start The Gauntlet, the year long program on her app. I am committing to post in this thread every day, stay on track with my workout schedule and nutrition, and hopefully crush my goals as the year progresses. Good luck to anyone who wants to join in, and let's make 2018 our last fresh start!

Current Program:

30 Day Shred

Progress:
    Day 8 - completed

I just did her 20 minute kick boxing dvd she kicks your *kitten*... Love it
  • may3161
    may3161 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Current Program:
    30 Day Shred

Progress:
    Day 13 - completed
    Day 14 - completed

How do you like level 2? My mom and I started level 2 but stop after 3 day of it and when back to level 1 because I didn't feel like I was putting enough work and my knees were in pain.
  • PheePhee76
    PheePhee76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI y'all! I'm just trying to get back in shape! Its been quite the struggle. I love Jillian about to start the Body Revolution!
  • BritneyBakesBest
    BritneyBakesBest Posts: 27 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I love you guys, I thought I was the only Jillian fan (people seem to not like her) I love her probably more than I should. I have done her Shred-it with weights in the past. I am currently doing her yoga Meltdown which I will follow up with her yoga Inferno. Die Hard Jilly fans feel free to add me.
  • BritneyBakesBest
    edited February 2018
    Options
    gizmom19 wrote: »
    I have been doing beginner 30 day Shred. I think her Biggest Loser personality was more of an act. In her actual videos I feel she us very encouraging and not loud obnoxious and mean.

Very true she is very inspirational. I can do her DVD's and listen to her repeat the same things over everyday 100 times and yet I always hear a message of encouragement that I need to hear on that particular day.
  • BritneyBakesBest
    Options
    I'm also a Jillian fan! I had a baby 2 months ago, so I'm planning to start her post-partum DVD before going back to 30 day Shred. How often do you work out? Which workouts do you do? What eating plan do you follow?

You're wise for starting slowly back to Jillian. I believe she made that dvd after her wife had given birth. I'm not sure with her postpartum dvd but most of her DVD's I believe are done 5-6 days a week. Most people get into their own groove of Jillian, some only do her DVD's and some people mix her with other exercises. Eating plans I'm not sure because I eat regular food and do my best to stay under.
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    Current Program

Progress
    Day 24: Hard Body - Level 1