Looking for a fitness home

AquaFan
AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
I have re-committed to getting healthy, which includes losing weight. In the past, I have done the treadmill and weight watchers and went from a size 12 to a size 4 in just a few months. Fell off the wagon and here I am again. I have also done the couch to 5k program and actually considered myself a runner before, yep fell off the wagon again. So I have taken some time to reflect on the single biggest cause of anger and sadness in my life and it is my weight. I have allowed my weight to stop me from going places and doing things because I feel too fat. Enough is enough. I'm getting back up and committing to doing something about it. I have been looking around on-line for a place to get support and encouragement and landed here. I'm hoping this site will be one more tool I can use in my journey.

Replies

• Good luck I am also back on the wagon :happy:
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Welcome to MFP, and good for you!! I can't begin to tell you what a difference this site makes. Sounds like you are on your way to a very healthy and happy you!! :)
  • Best of luck! I personally have found it really helpful in being available as an application on my phone, it enables me to scan food whilst I'm out so I have no excuses.
  • Wow, great post. Quit the diet, and just get a lifestyle instead, and the weight will not be a problem again! xxx
  • av8rblond
    av8rblond Posts: 140
    I think you should be a little easier on yourself...it is a learning curve. You just need to make everyday a good day..then before you know it they will be weeks, months etc.

Welcome to MFP and add me if you want.
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Welcome to MFP, and good for you!! I can't begin to tell you what a difference this site makes. Sounds like you are on your way to a very healthy and happy you!! :)

Agreed!!!