One a week?

Options
Hello all,

I have been using MFP since last week of May. My goal is to lose 100 Pounds and since May 22 I have lost 26 pounds. The thing is that i thought at the beginning weight lost would be a lot faster but I have been losing around 1 pound a week for the last month or so ... That means that it could take me up to 74 more weeks to reach my goal ... Anybody having the same problem or any suggestions?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    1 pound a week is a really healthy and sustainable amount of weight to lose. you should be really pleased with your progress so far!
  • reyg35
    reyg35 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    OK, good to know.

Thanks!!
  • RandaRoxs27
    RandaRoxs27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Also, keep in mind that you could be gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat so you could be losing more weight than you think. You should try taking measurements every week or two and see if you can see a difference there.
  • jbpretty
    jbpretty Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I know! It seems like forever. They say this is the healthy way to do it. I have been working on this since May of last year and have lost almost 60 pounds. That's not quite one a week but the weight keeps coming off. Some months I do better than others, some days I do better than others. I try different exercises, I run though not as regularly as I should, I eat good most of the time but most importantly I live. This is my life here it's not a phase, it's MY LIFE. I really have changed it, I am more conscious now of what I put in my body than I ever have been and the thought of exercising doesn't sound foreign to me anymore. I plan for treats and now during weeks when my husband is at home I don't gain wait, I maintain it.

I'm sure as you continue to build muscle the weight loss may even speed up a little because the muscle actually burns fat. Then on the other hand apparently the closer you get to your goal, the weight loss slows down, I don't know. As long as you are doing this the healthy way by eating and exercising it will happen. I am trying to look at it like (I think I have about 35 pounds to go), only 35 more weeks and I should be at my goal, or there about. I started with wanting to lose 93 pounds. The time passes whether I work on this or not.

Keep up the good work.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady is better. You'll not only have a better chance of keeping it off by changing how you eat, you'll also greatly reduce the likelihood of ending up with a bunch of leftover, loose skin.