Eating disorder

Options
I definitely do not starve myself(quite the opposite) and I haaaate throwing up so I am not bulimic but i def have an issue with body image and food. I feel like I don’t have any control. I want to lose weight. I want to eat better. I’m not happy at all with how I look. I know what I have to do to change it but I have no motivation to actually start doing something. I don’t know what is wrong with me. Growing up and in highschool I was always petite but I have always been overly obsessed with my weight. I just don’t know how to get myself going. I have a one year old son and I keep telling myself to at least do it for him but even then I just can’t get myself to do it. Is there anyone else that can relate

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You should see a therapist for eating disorders. Hugs
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I’ve been telling myself that for years but now I really don’t have time lol
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You need to make the time! You are the most important person and your little one is counting on you.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I don't have an eating disorder. I have a disordered way of eating and looking at food. I've considered therapy or help groups. A book called "Feeding the Hungry Heart" was helpful for me.

I feel like I don't have control either. I don't binge like some people do...I draw the line before it gets very crazy. But I can't have any food in my house besides lean meat and vegetables.
  • mdavza
    mdavza Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have 2 kids and the first few years are soooooooo hard. Be kind to yourself, in time you will get back some motivation and energy. Try to let go of what things should be like... You have a huge job looking after your love right now. Be kind to yourself!!!
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    What is driving some of these thoughts? Social Media? Relatives? Were/Are you involved in athletics that favor lowerbweight? Abuse? Parents with OCD? Parent who was always dieting? These are some but not all triggers. My recommendation, seek counseling, or see your doctor and just talk about it. dontvweigh nor diet, don’t watch cooking shoes, stay away from social media and magazines that promotes thin air brushed models . Wanting to be healthy is good, but it does sound like you might be struggling with obsessive compulsive thoughts.
  • sendtoharvey
    sendtoharvey Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    100% can relate.
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    I'm exactly the same to the point that my weight ballooned to 325lbs before I overheard some so called friends being incredibly spiteful about me because of my weight. That flicked a switch for me that kicked off my current healthier start. I'm a month in and 30lbs down. I wanted to do it anyway just like you said but felt like I couldn't focus on it or give it the time. I wouldn't recommend what happened to me. It really hurt but what I'm trying to say is that that triggered the switch that made me know I had to do it for me. I don't think it's possible to do it for anyone other than your self.

I made the time to use my exercise bike and I've just had a treadmill delivered which I plan to use for a minimum of an hour a day plus. I'm determined this will work this time bit because I want to be healthy not the disgustingly obese person they spoke about!

You'll find your switch and then it'll be easier. Good luck.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I’ve been telling myself that for years but now I really don’t have time lol

Make the time for you because you are worth it.
  • marley_12
    marley_12 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I too have issues with bad self esteem and body issues. I do have bulemia and I'm looking for a friend/friends on here who may be going through the same thing and can offer support and/or accountability. Please add me if you'd like
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same to the point that my weight ballooned to 325lbs before I overheard some so called friends being incredibly spiteful about me because of my weight. That flicked a switch for me that kicked off my current healthier start. I'm a month in and 30lbs down. I wanted to do it anyway just like you said but felt like I couldn't focus on it or give it the time. I wouldn't recommend what happened to me. It really hurt but what I'm trying to say is that that triggered the switch that made me know I had to do it for me. I don't think it's possible to do it for anyone other than your self.

I made the time to use my exercise bike and I've just had a treadmill delivered which I plan to use for a minimum of an hour a day plus. I'm determined this will work this time bit because I want to be healthy not the disgustingly obese person they spoke about!

You'll find your switch and then it'll be easier. Good luck.

Congrats on your first month :)