Anyone doing keto?

Options
I just started keto. do anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• robanntyler
    robanntyler Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey Dee,
    Been doing the low carb/keto since last year. Down over 80+ pounds with a lot more to go, but it’s slow and steady. Be glad to help and share with you. Good Luck & look forward to hearing from you.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I would suggest not doing keto... Unless you like eating such low carbs. I can't do it as I would need to restrict my vegetable and fruit consumption too much, and I think that's ridiculous.
  • suefenner
    suefenner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m doing keto. I do think everyone must find balance that works for them. I feel better but haven’t been doing it a long time. The only suggestion I have is to plan first and know your foods. If you are just starting, measure, count, read labels, and know what you can and can’t eat. I use this app daily and I found I over ate protein often and not enough fat. I have to work at getting a good balance.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,611 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it for the last 15 months and find I am well suited to this way of eating. Join the low carb group for support.
  • monramx
    monramx Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey, Ive started keto just recently (4days ago) and I think it really suits me, because Im not that hungry but Ill have to wait and see the results, because so far I suspect Ive lost only water weight (around 2kilos). If you want add me Id love some support because especially the first week or two can be challenging.
  • stevejill91
    stevejill91 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Deeisonamission.
    Trust it, be smart. Watch for hidden carbs. As far as knowing if I'm in ketosis i use a glucose meter. Test strips and breathalizers don't always work. They can only pick up ketones if you have an excess of them. Over eating, excess hard workouts can cause excess ketones. I just watch my glucose and make sure it's around 70 then I know im in a fat burning mode.