So tired of the underhanded jabs.

Options
BissiH
BissiH Posts: 19 Member
I've heard for the last time 'You used to be so fit.' I'm committed to changing my lifestyle and leading a healthy life. For my sake, and my son's.
Finally admitting that I've put on 70 pounds in the last 4 years was hard. I've been lucky enough to form a support group with my work family. Would love to have support here as well.
I'm super excited about this journey!

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Best of luck, kick *kitten* and take names. Your son is learning how to live his life watching you.
  • BissiH
    Options
    Thank you!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    How rude! I'm not surprised that people will say such things, but it never fails to disgust me every time. Best wishes as you work off those 70 lbs!
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Yeah, people suck! ;)

Do it for you, but if you can use some of that anger to help motivate you then go for it. When you get to your super fit self, just flaunt it at them and make THEM frustrated!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    All I can say is people are *kitten*!
    We all go thru stages in our lives....you are now working on a new stage.
    Confront when someone makes a lousy comment. Just let them know they are rude and need to say nothing to you if they can't be nice!
  • theabsentmindednurse
    Options
    This journey is so much more than weight loss.
    It is one of courage, strength and growth.
    You are going to find, you will find your voice.
    Stand up. Express your opinion.

Trust the process. Take it a step at a time. A day at a time. You CAN do this. :):D
  • BissiH
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    How rude! I'm not surprised that people will say such things, but it never fails to disgust me every time. Best wishes as you work off those 70 lbs!

People can be the worst sometimes. Thank you for the kind words!
  • BissiH
    Options
    Yeah, people suck! ;)

Do it for you, but if you can use some of that anger to help motivate you then go for it. When you get to your super fit self, just flaunt it at them and make THEM frustrated!

Agree 100%!!!!!! Thank you!
  • BissiH
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    All I can say is people are *kitten*!
    We all go thru stages in our lives....you are now working on a new stage.
    Confront when someone makes a lousy comment. Just let them know they are rude and need to say nothing to you if they can't be nice!

Absolutely, I teach my son manners looks like I need to teach these *kitten* some manners too.
    Thank you!!!
  • BissiH
    Options
    This journey is so much more than weight loss.
    It is one of courage, strength and growth.
    You are going to find, you will find your voice.
    Stand up. Express your opinion.

Trust the process. Take it a step at a time. A day at a time. You CAN do this. :):D

Thank you so much! And I agree, this journey is about overcoming all the obstacles I've been faced with the last few years or so.
  • michellecbrown1976
    Options
    I have lost like 27lbs and someone I had not seen in a while said " I did not recognize you, you look so beautiful." Ummm WTF
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Humans.

Anyhow, glad you're making a positive change for yourself! You got this!
  • michellecbrown1976
    Options
    Thank you. I was warned that weird compliments would come with the journey.lol It's fine. Congratulations on your journey as well. We are awesome!
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Oh man. Hugs! Having a child is life chamging. And stressful!!!! Go easy on yourself. And congratulations on your resolve and journey. Good luck.
  • YogiJear
    YogiJear Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    They're going to feel pretty silly when you get into the best shape of your life after this journey! Not "if", but "when"! :) And when you do, promise me you'll show them some class and be graceful about it :D
  • BissiH
    Options
    I have lost like 27lbs and someone I had not seen in a while said " I did not recognize you, you look so beautiful." Ummm WTF

Such a veiled insult! I don't understand why people feel the need to put another person down just to build themselves up. Every time I hear someone say 'I'm just honest' I want to say 'No, you're just an *kitten*'.
    Great work by the way. Keep doing you!
  • BissiH
    Options
    Ugh. Humans.

Anyhow, glad you're making a positive change for yourself! You got this!

I know, right?! Thank you!
  • BissiH
    Options
    Mslmesq wrote: »
    Oh man. Hugs! Having a child is life chamging. And stressful!!!! Go easy on yourself. And congratulations on your resolve and journey. Good luck.

Thank you!!!!!
  • BissiH
    Options
    They're going to feel pretty silly when you get into the best shape of your life after this journey! Not "if", but "when"! :) And when you do, promise me you'll show them some class and be graceful about it :D

I like your attitude!!! Lol! And yes, I always try to think before I react. Doesn't always happen but in this case, yes, I'll have them eating crow as I watch from a distance. In grace and class!
  • 911Doughboy
    911Doughboy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    use their comments as motivation to prove them wrong