Weight Loss Challenge for August! (OPEN)

Options

Replies

• brick0814
    brick0814 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This weeks results
    SW 260.4
    CW 257
    August Goal: 250
    Yea! almost there:)
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Just wondering, is this thread staying open or is it closing after the 10 participants? I've already joined, just wondering :)
  • fitb4forty
    Options
    This week's results:

SW 162.2 on 8/1/11
    CW 160.8 on 8/7/11
    GW for Aug 154.2
    PG for Aug: Drink 84 oz water everyday- did this 1 day last week, drank 80oz 1 day, and 64 oz 2 days
    Hit the gym 5 days a week- went 4 days last week
  • sweettoothfairy
    sweettoothfairy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    SW as of 08/01: 196
    Goal for Aug: 186
    Self-Challenge: Workout at least 5 days a week and more than 600 calorie burn each day.
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Today I am definitely back on track after a not so good weekend, I already have 7 out of 10 cups of water in today, 45 minutes on stationary bike, 25 jumping jacks (thanks mandi for the challenge) and 80 sit ups/crunches on my body ball!! Hoping for another good weigh in on Friday even though I was kinda bad over the weekend!!

Keep up the good work everyone!!!

AUG 1: 215
    AUG 7: 214
    AUG Goal: 208
    Personal Challenge: Drink 10 cups of water daily, Increase Exercise
  • tgumeebee
    tgumeebee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for August : 177lbs
    Personal goal for August : 172
    Personal self-challenge for August : To stick to a toning routine for my arms and stomach.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I have not lost any weight...at least not noticeable. I don't have a digital scale so if I lost anything it'd be less than a pound.
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm joining, but a little late!

SW (8/1): 197
    CW (8/8): 194
    Goal (8/31): 185 and continue training for my half marathon on Sept 3...as well as do my diet plan 6/7 days a week.
  • Angelgrl86
    Angelgrl86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    A little late, but here I go...

Start weight: (8/2) 236.6

Current weight (8/8) 233

Goals: weight- 220 by 8/31
    Personal- 1 hour of Tae Bo 5 days a week
  • afitchpatrick
    afitchpatrick Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    K GUYS I DIDNT GAIN BUT I DIDNT LOSE EITHER IT'S LIKE I CANT GO BELOW 160 NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRY. IT REALLY SUXS I'M NOT GETTING N E WHERE AN I'M EXERCISING AN EVERYTHING. GRRRR.........
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Just wondering, is this thread staying open or is it closing after the 10 participants? I've already joined, just wondering :)

We are going to leave it open. :)
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    SW: 202
    1st Weigh in: 200
    total loss: 2 pounds
    GW: 194
    Challenge: I started the 30 Day shred yesterday.. so my personal challenge is to do that every day until the end of the month :0)
    **I did the 30 day shred all week except yesterday (sunday) I was on the road for 13 hours, got home at 2am. just no time :0(
    Other than that. i cant believe that I could possibly in ONEDERLAND next week. crazzzzy!
  • mandimoore617
    Options
    K GUYS I DIDNT GAIN BUT I DIDNT LOSE EITHER IT'S LIKE I CANT GO BELOW 160 NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRY. IT REALLY SUXS I'M NOT GETTING N E WHERE AN I'M EXERCISING AN EVERYTHING. GRRRR.........

sounds like you're stuck in a plateau. Try taking a week off & not counting calories, skip weighing in that week. Then the next week get back on track & see what the scales do for the next weigh in. It may help budge from the plateau.
  • mandimoore617
    Options
    SW: 202
    1st Weigh in: 200
    total loss: 2 pounds
    GW: 194
    Challenge: I started the 30 Day shred yesterday.. so my personal challenge is to do that every day until the end of the month :0)
    **I did the 30 day shred all week except yesterday (sunday) I was on the road for 13 hours, got home at 2am. just no time :0(
    Other than that. i cant believe that I could possibly in ONEDERLAND next week. crazzzzy!

Keeping my fingers crossed that you hit one-derland next weigh in!
  • leslyta
    leslyta Posts: 70
    Options
    Starting at 204.4
    Current weight 200
    Personal Challenge.. To work out at leas 4-5 times a week and stick to my juice diet!!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I had real feelings of letting myself down last night, we went out for a meal with visitors and I gave in to have a pudding. I did limit my meal calories somewhat and didn't eat a full on dinner, but still felt 'dissapointed' with myself.

But, this morning I got a lovely surprise that instead of the scales going up, they came down! :) so

SW 183
    CW 182

Now to be good today!
  • abertawe2
    Options
    WTG Porffor :happy:
    My weigh in day is today also and pleased after one awful day last week that I have lost another 1.5 lbs
    SW for August 152.5
    CW 151
    GW for August 148
  • haircrazie016
    Options
    SW 270
    GW 260
    goal- drink more water!

1st week- lost one pound
  • LeonaWFU98
    LeonaWFU98 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just wanted to check in....I do get on the scale each morning, though I try to tell myself not to....it's going in the right direction, which is a great thing!

I completed my mini-goal last week, which was to keep up with tracking on MFP and take in all the water I was supposed to. This week, my mini-goal is to make it to the gym M-F. Two days down....three to go! :)

Hope everyone else is having a good start to the week!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    WTG Porffor :happy:
    My weigh in day is today also and pleased after one awful day last week that I have lost another 1.5 lbs
    SW for August 152.5
    CW 151
    GW for August 148
    Well done again (I posted on your wall), really great loss and going over into double figures is fab eh!

Thanks hun! :) am really happy.. trying to resist all the kids sweets, cakes etc that are in the cupboard, we weren't too bad till some visitors brought us some 'goodies' yesterday!!

Have just made some sugar free jelly, not strictly vegetarian but if it keeps me on the straight and narrow I'll ignore the gelatine in it!

I weigh daily and am not sure what goal I set for this.. I think my Sept 12th one is going to be a bit too hard to reach but am not going to change it as it'll keep me on track I think. :) I was out riding for over 2 hours today (to the point of looking like john wayne when I dismounted) and survived on only a slimfast shake then bar for lunch with a banana so really good going (for me)! lol

Hair - well done on your weight loss!
    Leona - good luck on your personal goal :) Hope you enjoy the gym :)