Pancake day !

Options
Avocado_Angel
Avocado_Angel Posts: 2,362 Member
I don't normally bother about it but gona try making pancakes on Tuesday. Wonder how that will turn out ?? Lol

Are you making some? What toppings will you be using? I'm thinking the old favourite, syrup and maybe some blueberries or chocolate, peanut butter & banana.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'll have one banana & peanut butter and the rest a classic lemon & sugar
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I had some for breakfast. I like a little oil in the pan so they get crispy and then light on the syrup. In the past I've enjoyed them with jam.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Ah I live pancakes but dont eat em much anymore becuse of the calories and thy dont hold me long. I like normal w butter and syrup, pecans, or chocolate chips.
  • THeADHDTurnip
    THeADHDTurnip Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Kodiak Cakes only. I use those Motts 100 calorie apple sauce cups for topping. Cutting, watching calories.
  • W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    The only pancakes, that I like're the buns; upon McDonald's McGriddle breakfast sandwiches! Otherwise I prefer french toast 1st, waffles 2nd {both with syrup, butter & powdered sugar} or English muffins with honey 3rd!
  • YosemiteSlamAK
    YosemiteSlamAK Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I am assuming I will be at IHOP with my son. So it will be plain pancakes and bacon
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Yep - I am making sourdough pancakes probably with blueberries.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I forgot all about Shrove Tuesday! We're coincidentally making some tonight but all we top them with is butter and syrup.

Shrove Tuesday, that’s a first. I’ve always referred to it as pączki Tuesday.

Yumm. Paczki!
  • Nan7114
    Nan7114 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Omg I thought I missed it!!!!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Not making pancakes but when I do I usually make a strawberry sauce.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Ooh, thanks for the reminder.

Mine will be thin, slathered in butter, with lemon juice and sugar on top.
    Then they will get rolled up, eaten as finger food, with the butter etc dripping down my arm.

Roll on Tuesday.

Cheers, h.
  • parachute_hoot
    parachute_hoot Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Has anyone got any advice on how to make relatively low calorie pancakes? I see the mashed banana, oats recipes etc... but something that sticks closely to the normal flour / eggs / milk recipe?

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Pancakes are delicious forms of sugar and cinnamon rolls are delicious too I don't think pancake syrup will ever melt away with the sweet potatoes

The pancake is not a lie for some reason. Which makes me wonder is the answer button better than the negotiation?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I use them as buns for a breaded chicken sandwich. For sauce I mix some table syrup and hot sauce. Kind of a different take on chicken and waffles.
  • Roobyzooby
    Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It's NOT pancake day!!! It's Shrove Tuesday, a religious day either make them and enjoy them or don't bother...ash wednesday the day after!