Mountain Dew

I drink Mountain Dew & it fits my calorie goals. Can I keep drinking it if it fits my calories.

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited February 2018
    Are you hitting nutritional needs/goals also? Getting 7-10 servings of fruits and veggies a day, adequate protein? If not, would be better off prioritizing those things within your calorie goals.

Maybe learn to like Diet Mt Dew.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Are you hitting nutritional needs/goals also? Getting 7-10 servings of fruits and veggies a day? If not, would be better off prioritizing those things within your calorie goals.

7-10 servings? Wow. That’s a lot to suggest. I eat pretty healthy, but I don’t eat that many fruits and vegies.

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Amazon pantry
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,954 Member
    And how long has it been since you lost weight?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    I drink Mountain Dew & it fits my calorie goals. Can I keep drinking it if it fits my calories.

Sure. I still drink regular soda from time to time. Just depends on how many calories I have available.
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 348 Member
    Maybe cut back a little but it’s possible weight loss is stalling. Keep a calorie deficit. You know the program works so stick to it.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Did you ask your mum if drinking mountain dew was ok? What did she say? I'd go with her answer over a bunch of internet strangers.
  • Alatariel75
    And how long has it been since you lost weight?

2 weeks, the same weight.

You've been told time and time again that weight loss is not linear and that you can't expect a loss every week. You also say you started working out 4 times a week, and I'm pretty sure you've been told before that you can retain fluid from working out.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Mslmesq wrote: »
    Are you hitting nutritional needs/goals also? Getting 7-10 servings of fruits and veggies a day? If not, would be better off prioritizing those things within your calorie goals.

7-10 servings? Wow. That’s a lot to suggest. I eat pretty healthy, but I don’t eat that many fruits and vegies.

Most Americans don't (a serving is generally considered a .5-1 cup depending on the fruit/vegetable).

"Just 1 in 10 adults meet the federal fruit or vegetable recommendations, according to a new study published today in CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR).

Depending on their age and sex federal guidelines recommend that adults eat at least 1½ to 2 cups per day of fruit and 2 to 3 cups per day of vegetables as part of a healthy eating pattern. Yet in 2015, just 9 percent of adults met the intake recommendations for vegetables, ranging from 6 percent in West Virginia to 12 percent in Alaska. Only 12 percent of adults met the recommendations for fruit, ranging from 7 percent in West Virginia to 16 percent in Washington, D.C. Results showed that consumption was lower among men, young adults, and adults living in poverty.

“This report highlights that very few Americans eat the recommended amount of fruits and vegetables every day, putting them at risk for chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease,” said Seung Hee Lee Kwan, Ph.D., of CDC’s Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity, lead author of the study. “As a result, we’re missing out on the essential vitamins, minerals, and fiber that fruits and vegetables provide.”

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2017/p1116-fruit-vegetable-consumption.html

This is why I suggested the OP makes sure to include nutrient dense foods in her diet before the Mountain Dew.
  • Alatariel75

Most Americans don't (a serving is generally considered a .5-1 cup depending on the fruit/vegetable).

"Just 1 in 10 adults meet the federal fruit or vegetable recommendations, according to a new study published today in CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR).

Depending on their age and sex federal guidelines recommend that adults eat at least 1½ to 2 cups per day of fruit and 2 to 3 cups per day of vegetables as part of a healthy eating pattern. Yet in 2015, just 9 percent of adults met the intake recommendations for vegetables, ranging from 6 percent in West Virginia to 12 percent in Alaska. Only 12 percent of adults met the recommendations for fruit, ranging from 7 percent in West Virginia to 16 percent in Washington, D.C. Results showed that consumption was lower among men, young adults, and adults living in poverty.

“This report highlights that very few Americans eat the recommended amount of fruits and vegetables every day, putting them at risk for chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease,” said Seung Hee Lee Kwan, Ph.D., of CDC’s Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity, lead author of the study. “As a result, we’re missing out on the essential vitamins, minerals, and fiber that fruits and vegetables provide.”

This is why I suggested the OP makes sure to include nutrient dense foods in her diet before the Mountain Dew.

*his
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member

Well, in England it's 5 portions of fruit and veg a day, so they Jury is out on that one. As long as you get some fruit and veg in daily, it's all good in my books.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    edited February 2018
    @geminigemz90

You can use this template for this same question about every food or drink:

I [eat/drink] [food or drink item] & it fits my calorie goals. Can I keep [eating/drinking] it if it fits my calories[?]

Answer: YES