StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    kazgorat1 wrote: »
    kazgorat1 wrote: »
    I eat ground turkey almost every night. Over a giant bed of lettuce with onions, mushrooms and hot sauce. Or hot dog salad. Sounds appealing right?

Ok, I gotta ask, what is hot dog salad?

It is chicken hot dogs over a bag of lettuce/greens with laughing cow cheese, jalapenos, sugar free ketchup. Everyone tries to tell me it's gross but I'm trying to get it to catch on.

I hope you are just kidding :) I would be reaching for the Pepcid AC after eating that!

why the kitten would I be kidding?

Never heard of laughing cow cheese...thought maybe you were pulling our leg :)

Well now you have. It's a processed little wedge of 35 calorie cheese. You're welcome.

Thanks. I'll have to give it a try sometime.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Since your weight loss depends on calories not type of food a menu plan from someone else won't help much. I eat 500 calorie dinners. Some people eat much more for dinner and some less.
    Take food you like and reduce portion sizes. Fill your plate with more vegetables.

You can find sample meal plans that fit your calorie goal on the internet. Just search something like 1400 calorie meal plan.
    Or figure out how many calories you'd like to use for dinner and search for something like 300 calorie recipes if thst is what you want.

http://www.skinnytaste.com has some meal plans I think.

This week my family will have:
    Cheesey broccoli and potato casserole
    Chicago dogs and baked french fries
    Steak or quesadilla, Spanish rice, cheese/bean dip, apple empanadas
    Egg roll skillet
    Smothered burritos
    Chicken stew
    Pork carnitas

• jlouber
    jlouber Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been using emeals to plan because I hate the planning part and refuse to do it.

I hate the prepping part too, but if there's a plan I will prep.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    This week my family will have:
    Cheesey broccoli and potato casserole
    Chicago dogs and baked french fries
    Steak or quesadilla, Spanish rice, cheese/bean dip, apple empanadas
    Egg roll skillet
    Smothered burritos
    Chicken stew
    Pork carnitas

I want to eat at your house this week :yum:
  • mlsh1969
    mlsh1969 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I eat ground turkey almost every night. Over a giant bed of lettuce with onions, mushrooms and hot sauce. Or hot dog salad. Sounds appealing right?

Ok, I gotta ask, what is hot dog salad?

It is chicken hot dogs over a bag of lettuce/greens with laughing cow cheese, jalapenos, sugar free ketchup. Everyone tries to tell me it's gross but I'm trying to get it to catch on.

Actually if l replaced the ketchup with mustard, the laughing cow with cheddar, and the jalapeno with pickles...yummmm, trying it soooonn
  • nycoleman5
    nycoleman5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This week I'm planning on having:
    1) Shrimp Burrito Bowls
    2) Portobello Fajitas
    3) Fish Tacos
    4) Teriyaki Mushroom Fried Rice
    5) Lemon Broccoli Pasta
    6) Brinner (probably a Russian omelet or chia seed pancakes)
    7) Egg Roll Bowls

All these options have about 400-650 calories for a very hearty and filling serving. I have almost all the recipes on my MFP. Feel free to message me for details!
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I suggest finding some cooking groups. I’ve gotten a lot of inspiration and ideas just reading others weekly meal plans.

I also use the free app copymethat to save and store recipes, as well as meal plan for myself. I find that if I already know what I’m having, I don’t get the four o clock, kitten this, blues of Let’s just go out to dinner.

Also, any recipe you make can be used here to get a calorie count. Just import the recipe and servings and it will tell you how many calories are in it.

Good luck.
  • getalife9353
    getalife9353 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My typical meal plan for lunch and dinner:
    3.5 - 4 oz of meat. (chicken, turkey, pork loin, beef roast, tuna steak, salmon fillet)
    3.5 - 6 oz of starch (potato, whole grain rice, pasta (2 oz), sweat potato)
    3 - 8 oz of vegetables - I usually fix 3-4oz. of two (brocolli, green beans, brussel sprouts, corn, peas, carrots, whatever else I find)
    Typically 350 - 550 calories. Adjust portion sizes to meet whatever calorie goals I have for the meal.
  • gogetemrogue
    gogetemrogue Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I only eat two meals a day and don't snack, and I try to keep my first meal to around 300-350 calories as much as possible. I can really have fun with the remaining calories that way, including ribeye with a green veggie side once a week, two slices of pizza if the craving hits, and a variety of other meals that aren't effing diet food. You don't have to live off of salmon, chicken breast, and zoodles to lose weight as long as you learn how to budget your calories properly.

....That said, some salmon sounds AMAZING right now.
  • jjtweb
    jjtweb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I cook for two and we have both successfully lost weight. I use MFP to plan meals in advance so I can control the calorie and macro content. It also takes the stress off me grocery shopping and preparing. A good chicken vegetable soup is low calorie and will carry you over for a while or even freeze so you have options. Our favorite is chicken breast in a dutch oven with enough chicken broth for it not to stick, small potatoes, onions and carrots. That will last you again days or give you frozen options. There are so many things you can fix if you preplan and make sure what your planning takes your calories to a deficit. We love mexican bowls so riced cauliflower allows us to eat it guilt free. I could go on forever but use the recipe builder in your MFP it's a life winner!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Someone please give me a good week dinner plan for two too drop weight
    @weightloss_acc Here's a thread where you might find some ideas for meals. :smiley: You can pick something that appeals to you and portion it for two and freeze or use the rest throughout the week. Hope this helps a bit!
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10630998/what-were-eating-weekly