Holy Crab, this might be the worst thing I’ve ever tasted!

Options
what is wrong with this thing?? why does it taste so strongly of.. well.. nothing I can identify? why is it so sweet??

all I can think of is that episode of friends where Monica has to taste the mockolate.
“I love the way it crumbles”
-aren’t you going to swallow it?
“I’m just waiting for it to stop bubbling”

8fa3c7i29b2g.jpeg

Replies

• Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Just about split a gut over your mention of "mockolate"!
    The sugar substitute Quest is now using...so gross!
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I'd heard great things about Quest bars, and tried this one. One bite in and it was trashed. And I NEVER throw food away. Just nasty!
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I've never found a protein bar that was actually not completly disgusting.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Yes it is nasty. People rave about quest bars and they used to be decent but I don't care for them.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    I tried the old, and the new, cold and warm, none appealed to me.

Just not my thing.

Cheers, h.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I like the Kirkland protein bars, that fiber in them as well as protein. Yum!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    The only protein bars I can actually eat are the Pure Protein brand bars. And those I just have on hand to take with me in the car in case I am on the road working and won't be able to have a decent lunch.

It is only mildly disgusting and enough to take away my appetite for fast food if I want to be really really careful with my calories. For instance like if I'm saving the bulk of my calories for dinner or for wine or something later and I don't want to blow them all on McDonald's because I am hungry as I drive by lol.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I liked the old formula, I actually enjoyed eating them and they kept me full forever, great when I was cutting cals. Then they changed it and bleck, not good. There was another brand of protein bars I liked then they changed the formula too so now I have nothing. Now I just make mug cakes or have a cookie with a protein shake.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    1houndgal wrote: »

I started keeping these on hand after Quest changed their formulation. Chocolate chip cookie dough is my fave!
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    They had a pumpkin spice bar that was dreadful too.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    1houndgal wrote: »

I started keeping these on hand after Quest changed their formulation. Chocolate chip cookie dough is my fave!

Love it also.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I like it.... shrug
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    A lot of people rave about that flavor but I couldn’t finish it. I’ll stick to double chocolate chunk.
  • its_me_april
    its_me_april Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I agree, they’re gross. I’ve never liked this flavor either, even with the old formula. Have you tried oatmega protein bars? I like those as well Robert Irvine’s fit crunch bars, give em a try if you want something more delicious!
  • PB4Lyfe
    PB4Lyfe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Usually I go for a BSc low carb protein bar, they have a number of flavours that are pretty good, and Optimum Nutrition cherry protein stix are excellent, they’re like a cherry ripe.

I just thought I’d branch out.. mistake!! people laugh at me for eating the same things for days on end, but look what happens when I change!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I dont like the cookies and cream flavour either, way too fake sickly sweet tasting. Double chocolate chunk is the only Quest bar i really like.
  • sarahjen92
    sarahjen92 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I only tried quest once and didn't care for it...

My favorite protein bars are the Pure Protein chocolate chip cookie dough. They're delicious. Deluxe chocolate is pretty good too. I actually love that they're not very sweet at all, and they're filling. They're my breakfast on most days.

Clif bars are alrightish. Took a couple to adapt to the taste.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    People seem to like the Costco/Kirkland copycat of the quest bars and they are way cheaper. The texture is not for me.

I love the pure protein s'mores, dark chocolate coconut, peanut butter and chocolate salted caramel. I have one every night before bed as "dessert" I have recently found these at ocean state job lot very cheap. Yay!

I also really like the premier protein bars. I eat one when I need a meal replacement or cut them in half as snacks. I buy them at BJs with a coupon, $13 for 18 huge bars, normally $17 which is still really good. Costco and sam carry them too in 18 packs. Little different flavor variety I think. You can buy them singly at Walmart also.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I like most of the Quest bar flavors just fine. But then again, one thing I've never once been accused of in my entire life is being a picky eater. A Quest bar and a glass of milk is one of my more frequent snacks.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    My thoughts on protein bars - I enjoyed them when I started out and deprived myself of real treats, as an 'healthier' alternative to satisfy my sweet tooth. Now that I've moved back to enjoying the real thing in moderation, they're just not worth the calories and the ones with artificial sweeteners ALWAYS leave a bad taste in my mouth anyway (like pretty much everything else with artificial sweeteners).

Although to be fair, most of them are not worse than the average grocery store treat either. I guess I'm just picky.

I did enjoy the Pure Protein soft baked bars 4 years ago, but they disappeared within 6 months for some reason... I think they completely redid their products though (which is a good thing, the s'mores bar I got from them 5 years ago was the vilest thing ever).