SNACKS!... Low cal per 100g only please.

Options
You have the urge to masticate, but the second hand on the clock has frozen in time.
A low calorie snack would carry you through, but what do you munch on, apart from your stumpy fingernails, that won't bust the calorie bank?
Over to you.

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,467 Member
    Options
    I like the aldi wafer and caramel wafer bars available at Aldi in the UK. Come in at 99 and 134kcal and taste quite good (not so ridiculously sweat). I have one every night.
  • cryonic_273
    cryonic_273 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    When im peckish I try and avoid my old favorites which were calorie dense nuts.

These days i generally have half a pot of Skyr.
    A half pot is 175g and ~100calories.
    Its filling enough to kill any hunger pangs and tasty enough to be a treat.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Pistachios are great. It takes some work to eat them, so you get a long-lasting snack that tastes good and has healthy fats and a little bit of protein.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    Banana
    89cal/100g
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    Apple
    52cal/100g
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    TerryMyfitbitsnbobs Posts: 238 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Pistachios are great. It takes some work to eat them, so you get a long-lasting snack that tastes good and has healthy fats and a little bit of protein.

A lot of Calories per 100g though.
    562cal/100g
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Pickled onions 32cal/100g
  • AllisonB145
    AllisonB145 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    As well as some of the items mentioned above I also eat Turkey bites, Oatmeal Energy Ball, Cranberry Thinaddictives, Hummus & Cekery, Skinny POP Popcorn, Oikos Greek Yogurt, Almonds....
  • FoodieMotion
    FoodieMotion Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    A Rice cake (35 cals) with Laughing Cow Cheese (25cals) and a teaspoon of low cal Jam (10-15 cals)

Oooh, like a mini cheesecake?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Carrots 41 calories for 100 g
    Hard boiled egg 155 calories for 100 g (about 2 whole eggs)
    Chewy chocolate dipped peanut butter granola bar 150 calories for 30 g (1 bar) - I would not eat 3-4 bars
    Raw navel orange 49 calories for 100 g (not a whole orange probably)
    Dill pickle 12 calories for 100 g
    Black olives 167 calories for 100 g

I usually reserve 100-300 calories for snacks. I might eat something like 1 granola bar and then carrots or some fruit. I would not actually eat exactly 100 g of every food.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »

Not low calorie!!!!!

It literally takes me an hour to work though 200 calories of pistachios. If they come already shelled and you stuff handfuls in your face, then sure, that's going to be a ton of calories. But for the amount of effort and the time it takes to lazily shell and snack through a couple of handfuls, it's a perfect snack for me. But then again, I savor my food. I don't wolf things down...

Ok.