SNACKS!... Low cal per 100g only please.

Options

Replies

• collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Pistachios are great. It takes some work to eat them, so you get a long-lasting snack that tastes good and has healthy fats and a little bit of protein.

A lot of Calories per 100g though.
    562cal/100g

That's true, but 40 pistachios is only 160 calories. 100 grams is like 3.5 servings. It would take me all night to work through all those. I wouldn't even want to eat that many at a time. I love them because the way you have to eat them slows you down so you can savor each one, not just gulp them down and then feel sad because it only took you 5 seconds to finish your snack. ;)

Yeah. 100 gm is a quarter of a pound of food, almost. That's *a lot* of nuts.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Eggs! I find them a nice filling snack. If I feel peckish before bed they're my go-to.
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    hmmm .. my answer to everything is Fage Greek yogurt 0% ... 170g, 97kcal and 17g protein .. if you want it flavoured add a few drops of Stevia flavoring for a strawberry/toffee/maple/white chocolate/vanilla/ peanut butter/chocolate version

• tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    A cup of whole milk in between meals.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Light Cool Whip with frozen raspberries!
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    If I need chocolate, I tend to go with the Stauffers chocolate animal crackers.
  • sportychic87
    sportychic87 Posts: 214 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    100 calorie mini popcorn packs (having one tonight). Cup of strawberries. One single can of Campbell’s soup. Laughing cow cheese wedge and olives. 4 Hershey kisses. One English muffin and half a slice of cheese. I could go on...I’ve gotten really good at this :D
  • sportychic87
    sportychic87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    kazgorat1 wrote: »

Also, Aldis has chocolate flavored grahams (bears) that are like 130 calories and really tasty. Probably really similar to the stauffers
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    kazgorat1 wrote: »

Also, Aldis has chocolate flavored grahams (bears) that are like 130 calories and really tasty. Probably really similar to the stauffers

Cool. I'll have to check them out. I could definitely use a little more variety :smile:
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Raw cauliflower with 30g or less of hummus
    Carrots with hummus
    Boiled egg
    Banana
    Half serving of cheese with 3-4 crackers (not a ton of food, but goes well as a late-night snack with my wine!)
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I think the cal/per 100 g is the way nutritional info is given in Europe. Not that you would necessarily eat 100 g of whatever it is. Is this correct?

I guess it normalizes everything per equal weight, and you can compare the calorie density of various foods.
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    an ounce of sharp cheddar cheese a little bit over at 110 calories.
  • shortie555
    shortie555 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    olives, meringue cookies, some cereals (puffed wheat, puffed kamut), the low cal ice creams (enlightened, halo top), deli turkey
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    Pistachios are great. It takes some work to eat them, so you get a long-lasting snack that tastes good and has healthy fats and a little bit of protein.

Not low calorie!!!!!

It literally takes me an hour to work though 200 calories of pistachios. If they come already shelled and you stuff handfuls in your face, then sure, that's going to be a ton of calories. But for the amount of effort and the time it takes to lazily shell and snack through a couple of handfuls, it's a perfect snack for me. But then again, I savor my food. I don't wolf things down...

LOL...I have a tendency to wolf mine down so nuts is not working for me..lol
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I'm currently eating Arctic Zero Frozen Dessert. For Ice cream lovers it's just perfect. 35 calories per serving. 150 calories for a pint!
  • rikkejohnsenrij
    rikkejohnsenrij Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Frozen corn (not on the cob)...eaten one by one. It's 80ish kal/100g, but I generelly get enough by eating 30 grams or so. it's sweet and cold :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    • String Cheese
    • Popcorn
    • Pickles
    • Roasted Chickpeas/Soybeans
    • Cottage Cheese & Crackers
    • Olives
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I've always been a vegetable fiend, so that's my go to if I want to munch - I just grab whatever vegetable I feel like grabbing and most of them are pretty low calorie per 100 g. If I have specific wants that's a different story, that needs to be planned more carefully.