Apple Watch Users

Options
2»

Replies

• MsLexii
    MsLexii Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    kelaya00 wrote: »
    I am coming from a Fitbit Blaze and miss the community. I will message you both once I figure out my user info for the watch.

I'm thinking of switching. Do you like the Apple Watch (and its associated app) better than the FitBit platform?

I had three fitbits. The blaze, the charge HR and the flex. My last one was the blaze. I LOVED the social aspect of fitbit. That is the only thing I miss about fitbit. Apple's platform is so much more advanced. It calculates your workouts better than fitbit. I have an app for my sleep, one for my heart, and many others, and they all integrate and sync well with one another. It is SO amazing!!!! I went through 3 fitbits because they kept falling apart of me. I put the money into an Apple Watch and so far, so good! It is Apple quality. The apps alone that you can download for the watch are so amazing. My heart watch application tells me insight about my resting HR, my sleeping HR, my work out HR, calories I burnt in minute intervals, what I would have burnt if I kept going. Your steps are included. Everything that fitbit did, and more, but 10 times better!! I'm a nurse and I obviously can not have my phone on me, or out while taking care of patients, but I've had family emergencies come up that because of my watch I found out immediately... Instead of my supervisor getting a phone call and tracking me down in the hospital (I have the cellular model watch). So, minus the social community aspect of fitbit, Apple wins this one. I recommend it ALL the way. It will not disappoint and it will last you for years!!
  • phys72
    phys72 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I would love to know which apps you find are most beneficial. I received an apple watch as a gift but other than the little fitness icon guy that tracks my outdoor walks I'm not sure what I should be adding. I use the the one that looks like a target (standing, steps, and activity) everyday to get an idea of how I'm doing but feel like there are probably better things out there. Appreciate any input. Thanks!
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm buying one next week, as a reward to myself. Yahoo.
  • MsLexii
    MsLexii Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    phys72 wrote: »
    I would love to know which apps you find are most beneficial. I received an apple watch as a gift but other than the little fitness icon guy that tracks my outdoor walks I'm not sure what I should be adding. I use the the one that looks like a target (standing, steps, and activity) everyday to get an idea of how I'm doing but feel like there are probably better things out there. Appreciate any input. Thanks!

There was definitely a learning curve for me as well! I use “Heart Watch”, “YUNMAI” with my scale, but it syncs to my Watch, “AutoSleep” which syncs with the heart Watch app and my Watch. They might be made by the same company. Heart Watch tracks your heart health very in depth!!! It pulls info from your work outs and analyzes your HR during exercising. It’s the best 3 bucks I’ve ever spent on an app!! Activity, heart Watch, auto-sleep. Workout (the fitness icon), health and MFP are my main apps I use multiple times through out the day that are specific to my Watch. There are others but these are the ones I’ve found that I LOVE!
  • mummylicious87
    mummylicious87 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants to inbox me their email address I will activity share with you :) !
  • johnd4076
    johnd4076 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Anyone can message me and I will add you