Meals on the Run

I'm retired & out and about most if the day- -gym, errands, friends. Not structured day like when I was working. Don't always want to eat out and don't want to eat in my car. Any suggestions for afternoon meals & snacks? B)
Thanks!

Replies

• StarGem6
    StarGem6 Posts: 17 Member
    Oh, one more thing, I'm a pescatarian - no meat or poultry. Fish okay
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    So, if you don't want to eat in your car and you don't want to eat in a restaurant, you want to eat while you walk? Bring a protein bar that has about 250-300 cals and eat with a banana. Or, bring a pre bottled protein shake. You could also bring a bag of trail mix and eat that while you walk.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    StarGem6 wrote: »
    I'm retired & out and about most if the day- -gym, errands, friends. Not structured day like when I was working. Don't always want to eat out and don't want to eat in my car. Any suggestions for afternoon meals & snacks? B)
    Thanks!

You could add some structure to your day. Don't know what distances you cover, but you could plan to do errands and return home for mealtimes.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Why does it have to be meals on the run, especially when you don't want to eat on the run? Eat before you go out, and when you get home.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Alternatively get a cooler and ice brick and take a packed lunch
  • sarasmiles124
    sarasmiles124 Posts: 138 Member
    You can always make a quinoa salad with lots of veggies. Oh She Glows cookbooks have breakfast bars and crackers that you could make to snack on. Healthier versions of muffins.
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    StarGem6 wrote: »
    Thanks!

You could add some structure to your day. Don't know what distances you cover, but you could plan to do errands and return home for mealtimes.

I think thats the fun part of being retired though, isnt it?
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    I'd suggest packing some protein bars, nuts/trail mix, tangerines, etc.