Simple trick that took an embarrassingly long time for you to figure out...

Options

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

But the particularly embarrassing one is that I spent months scooping out foods like cream cheese, peanut butter, oil, butter, etc into a container so I could weight it on my food scale. Eventually someone on here pointed out that I can simply weigh the container before and after I get what I want and subtract the difference to get the total amount I ate. Duh! Now it seems so obvious.

Even easier, put container on scale, tare, remove required amount. Negative reading is your grams :)

This is a great trick for those of us that like to eat yogurt right out of the container. Lol. It took me a few weeks to figure it out. :D

or ice cream
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    The sideways extended read has been in the iPhone app for at least a couple of years. :)

I discovered it when I dropped my phone.

Cheers, h.

I discovered it accidentally too.

I still get unreasonably annoyed when I'm in the middle of typing a post, accidentally turn my phone too much, and get sent back to the Community landing page :confused:
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    The sideways extended read has been in the iPhone app for at least a couple of years. :)

Cheers, h.

I still get unreasonably annoyed when I'm in the middle of typing a post, accidentally turn my phone too much, and get sent back to the Community landing page :confused:

Had to test that landing page thing. It doesn't do it on my iPhone, thank goodness. For some reason I can't stand MFP on my laptop, so only use it on my phone.

Cheers, h.
  • pinuplove
    Options

Cheers, h.

Had to test that landing page thing. It doesn't do it on my iPhone, thank goodness. For some reason I can't stand MFP on my laptop, so only use it on my phone.

Cheers, h.

Oh wow, I wish they'd fix it for Android! Or maybe it's just user error somehow :laugh:
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have to lock my phone into portrait mode because inevitably I am reading something and tilt it just a smidge and am sent back to the landing page. It is so annoying.
  • rutzsa
    rutzsa Posts: 52 Member
    Options

I still get unreasonably annoyed when I'm in the middle of typing a post, accidentally turn my phone too much, and get sent back to the Community landing page :confused: [/quote]

Me too! So annoying!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Just a thought.
    Have you tried using web page forums on your androids, not the app?

I have always used the webpage, don't know why,'cept the app use to be sloooow, on my iPhone.

(Just checked the app forums on iPhone, it doesn't turn sideways at all)

Cheers, h.
  • pinuplove
    Options
    I have to lock my phone into portrait mode because inevitably I am reading something and tilt it just a smidge and am sent back to the landing page. It is so annoying.

Brilliant!
    Just a thought.
    Have you tried using web page forums on your androids, not the app?

I have always used the webpage, don't know why,'cept the app use to be sloooow, on my iPhone.

(Just checked the app forums on iPhone, it doesn't turn sideways at all)

Cheers, h.

I read/post from my phone browser when I think about it, or if I want to post a pic (because the Android version of the app doesn't have the picture options for the forums) but many times I bounce into the forums via the app from my newsfeed or food diary and forget until it happens.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    That my body responds to activity. Or, maybe a better way of looking at it, my stomach and mind respond better if I'm more active.

My recommended calories without activity, or with only some light activity, are so low that I'm miserable trying to lose any weight on it. I can do it, but I'm miserable all day, every day.

Some rigorous workouts, however, not only make me feel better in general, but they allow me to eat enough where I don't feel like I'm suffering all day. I can enjoy a nice, big, rib sticking meal now and then (as long as I plan for it) without undoing any work.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I have put my tablet back on auto-rotate and now accessing the forum through Chrome. Big time game changer to make things easier.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    @pinuplove *turns phone sideways* WHAAAAAT?! I just thought this was something the mobile version was missing! I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to know what my macros were for a particular meal and was left guessing off my total for the day (The only thing that pops up) This is awesome, thanks! :blush:

Been on here for YEARS and didn't know this :| holy *kitten*!!!!
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »
    @pinuplove *turns phone sideways* WHAAAAAT?! I just thought this was something the mobile version was missing! I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to know what my macros were for a particular meal and was left guessing off my total for the day (The only thing that pops up) This is awesome, thanks! :blush:

Been on here for YEARS and didn't know this :| holy *kitten*!!!!

@pinuplove hahaha you've changed the game for loads of people on MFP with this revelation!
  • Eelkov
    Eelkov Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Fat doesnt turn into energy... it turns into carbon dioxide.....
  • SanaAnum
    SanaAnum Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I wasnot good at internet when i started to lose weight. So i followed my elders advice eat less and move more. i wasnot counting calories and only lost 5 kg in a year. then i became an internet pro and researched a lot. also founded mfp. it took me 6 months to lose 30 kg. but internet also led me to beleive in the hcg diet which i bought and tried for one single day. then failed and stopped. And then did it in 6 months.
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I missed this one the first time around.

It took me to forever to figure out that in the app I just needed to turn my phone sideways to see the macro breakdown for the foods in my diary, including a total by meal :lol:

OMG! I *just* did this and W-O-W!!!!!!
    Thank you for the tip!
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Eelkov wrote: »
    Fat doesnt turn into energy... it turns into carbon dioxide.....
    I put my hand up on this one too. I actually looked it up on Google. Seriously, I have no idea, before that point, that fat is converted into CO2. And I did university-level chemistry too....