Just Joined!

Options
Hi,

I just joined. What a great site. I have 100 lbs to lose. So looking to get some support. I logged my food and was totally amazed that I had a 500 calorie lunch. In my mind it seemed like so little food, that even as I was eating I was thinking I can have a really big dinner, now I know why I am where I am. LOL.

Irene

Replies

• shnazzy
    shnazzy Posts: 213
    Options
    hi i just joined too it is a gr8 app i waas surprised like you but it gonna be a good way of tracking :smile: :laugh: ]
  • dunsu47
    dunsu47 Posts: 13
    Options
    I joined about three weeks ago and yes I agree, it is a great site. I have lost 18 pounds so far, and most of the I think comes from cutting way way back on my diet sodas. I am trying give them up altogether but it is hard.. I am a total addict when it comes to those.
    I try to spread my calories out evenly but that is not easy...on the day I work out I try to have a better breakfast and burn some of it off.
    Take heart, it will get better and I need to loose about 80 more so I am right there with you. I have found that working out and eating better is becoming my new routine and it really does not take long to get into it. I will be your friend on here if you like...we all need support and help in our journey to a better and healthier self..
  • Imannott
    Imannott Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, now that I know what 1200 calories look like, I am going to start making better choices. Go for more filling foods. This is so awesome it as if a light bulb has come on and I can see how foods really effect your weight. I was so used to just eating whatever I wanted thinking I don't eat that much why am I overweight. :laugh:
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    It is great to actually know how much calories are in the food we eat. Try skinless chicken breast, it is tasty and low fat and high protein. Cook with chicken broth instead of butter or oils right now and try switching to whole wheat from white.