OMG I would KILL for a Pepperidge Farms Fudge cake right now

Options
But I can't even drive with my leg knee messed up, and even if I talked my sweet hubby into getting me one, I'm the only one in the family who eats them, so REALLY hard not to go overboard :'(:'(:'(

Replies

• 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I never had it but I always assumed that a cake from the bakery section would be better. Don't get me wrong,I like packaged cakes but think the fresh bakery cakes are better. If I'm going to spend my treat calories on cake ,I want it to be delicious!
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    my thing is those friggin heart shaped boxes of chocolate , I want to buy a 15 dollar box and eat all of it , just eat it all by myself !!! LOL
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    GrubHub
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    GrubHub
    Good idea
    I had post mates deliver me allergy meds one time so I think they'd deliver cakes too!
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    We don't have anything liked that around here. I got touse Door Dash once on vacation, and now I'm permanently depressed that there ste no similar options in town.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I have a really good recipe for chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting. It's very fudgy and it comes out to about 220 cal a cupcake. They're so rich it would be hard to eat more than one. I'm happy to share if you'd like it. Also, you can mix chocolate cake mix with canned pumpkin and water to make very little low cal cake or cupcakes. You can find this online. Another way to do it is to use cake mix, applesauce in place of the oil, and two egg whites for every egg that is called for.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I’ve never had one. These are those square-shaped ones in the freezer section, right? Are they good? :o i’ve never tried one before since I always thought that there couldn’t be any way that a frozen cake could be any good.
  • Momepro
    Options
    I have a really good recipe for chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting. It's very fudgy and it comes out to about 220 cal a cupcake. They're so rich it would be hard to eat more than one. I'm happy to share if you'd like it. Also, you can mix chocolate cake mix with canned pumpkin and water to make very little low cal cake or cupcakes. You can find this online. Another way to do it is to use cake mix, applesauce in place of the oil, and two egg whites for every egg that is called for.

Really? I"d love to try it :)
  • Momepro
    Options
    I’ve never had one. These are those square-shaped ones in the freezer section, right? Are they good? :o i’ve never tried one before since I always thought that there couldn’t be any way that a frozen cake could be any good.

Well it tastes better defrosted :p
    But yeah, they are definitely a comfort food. My Mom used to get them as special treats. The cake itself isn"t amazing, but the frosting is to die for.
  • melissa6771
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Here it is. I have it in the recipe builder. 11 cupcakes, 166 cal each. Frosting, 20 servings, 57 cal each. Simple ingredients, so it's easy to do. If you're making the standard cake/cupcake recipe, you could really halve the frosting one, it makes more than enough. You can also use light butter, the stick kind, in the frosting. I use light sour cream in the cupcakes too.

Chocolate cupcakes

2 cups sugar
    1-1/2 cup flour
    3/4 t baking soda
    1/2 t salt
    Mix together set aside

4 oz unsweetened chocolate chopped up.
    Pour 1 cup boiling water over and whisk until smooth.
    Add in 8 T melted butter.
    Then add in 2 eggs. One at a time.
    Add in 1-1/2 t vanilla
    Add in 1/2 cup sour cream.

Add flour mixture in thirds.
    Mix until well blended.

Bake at 350 for approximately 20 min.

Chocolate cream cheese frosting:

8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
    1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
    3 cups sifted powdered sugar (You can decrease this amount if you don't care about it being as stiff for piping)
    1/2 cup cocoa powder

Instructions:

Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy.
    Mix in powdered sugar, one cup at a time.
    Mix in cocoa powder.
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Then I suggest you read one of my favorite posts ever:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1467513/goodbye-pepperidge-farm/p1
  • Momepro
    Options
    Here it is. I have it in the recipe builder. 11 cupcakes, 166 cal each. Frosting, 20 servings, 57 cal each. Simple ingredients, so it's easy to do. If you're making the standard cake/cupcake recipe, you could really halve the frosting one, it makes more than enough. You can also use light butter, the stick kind, in the frosting. I use light sour cream in the cupcakes too.

Chocolate cupcakes

2 cups sugar
    1-1/2 cup flour
    3/4 t baking soda
    1/2 t salt
    Mix together set aside

4 oz unsweetened chocolate chopped up.
    Pour 1 cup boiling water over and whisk until smooth.
    Add in 8 T melted butter.
    Then add in 2 eggs. One at a time.
    Add in 1-1/2 t vanilla
    Add in 1/2 cup sour cream.

Add flour mixture in thirds.
    Mix until well blended.

Bake at 350 for approximately 20 min.

Chocolate cream cheese frosting:

8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
    1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
    3 cups sifted powdered sugar (You can decrease this amount if you don't care about it being as stiff for piping)
    1/2 cup cocoa powder

Instructions:

Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy.
    Mix in powdered sugar, one cup at a time.
    Mix in cocoa powder.

Thanks! I am totally trying that, as soon as I can get on my feet again <3:)
  • Momepro
    Options
    I really want chocolate, and junk food, and something with Burger King (with a large diet coke), but I have no money. Good for the waist line I guess (being broke).

Right?!
  • Momepro
    Options
    abelcat1 wrote: »

That was my reaction after a two day binge of Keebler Fudge Strips. So good and impossible to eat moderately, but ultimatly felt bloated and gross :/
  • blackmantis
    blackmantis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Just get a huge slice and be done with it. No need to be stressed and cause cortisol to spike causing more issues.
  • Momepro
    Options
    Since I still want it today, thats the plan. Cut it in quarters for me to eat next couple days, give the rest to my neighbor and her daughters, who I have hotten addicted to it >:)
  • melissa6771
    Options
    I also use light cream cheese in the frosting, forgot to say that. Let me know what you think when you do make them.
  • alicebhsia
    alicebhsia Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    the trick is to just cut a piece and defrost it by itself and leave the rest of the cake in the freezer to eat at a later date. i agree pepperidge farm freezer cakes are the best ever and it would take some willpower to leave it in the freezer but if you want one thaaat bad... i'd say screw it and get one, you only live once, but that's probably why i've only lost 5 pounds since november.