Do you live with an enabler?

Options
13»

Replies

• VeggiePumpkin
    Options
    I DEFINATELY LIVE WITH AN ENABLER. DOESN'T SUPPORT ME AT ALL. ALWAYS PUTTING FOOD IN MY FACE SAYING EAT THIS WON'T HURT YOU. JUST A LITTLE. ALWAYS WANTING TO EAT OUT. ACTS LIKE HE DOESN'T LIKE LOWFAT OR LITE FOOD BUT WHEN I STOCK UP ON MY FOOD HE EATS IT UP . HE CALLS ME FAT. I HAVE NO SUPPORT EXCEPT FOR MY SON AND GRANDDAUGHTER. THEY BACK ME ALL THE WAY. THIS LOSING WEIGHT TRIP IS REALLY GETTING HARD TO DO.

CHRIST! This sounds like a pretty abusive relationship. I would NEVER tolerate my husband calling me fat! I would give staying with him a good hard think if I were you. You need/deserve someone who brings out the best in you. Who holds you up, respects and encourages you. Not someone always knocking you down.
  • VeggiePumpkin
    Options
    Actually, I'm very blessed! I'm a vegetarian, but my husband isn't. When he cooks, he always makes sure it's a special dish that I will enjoy. I recently started playing tennis and although not his favorite sport (and he is also large) he goes out and plays with me anytime I want. He always says how beautiful I am and how proud he is of me. He builds me up every day and makes me feel loved and supported. Personally I wouldn't settle for anything less.

If my husband didn't support me, or constantly tried to sabotage me I'd get into marriage counseling. A great relationship takes a ton of time and hard work. We all come into it with our own baggage. To sabotage someone you profess to love, to me, reeks of serious insecurities.
  • sio2yd
    sio2yd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain... stick with it.