What’s in your breakfast bowl?

Options
emjustem87
emjustem87 Posts: 180 Member
edited February 2018 in Recipes
What’s your go-to breakfast when you haven’t planned ahead? Typically I’ve prepped some overnight oats to carry me through the week, but some weekends I just get around to it.

Pictured is today’s yummy breakie: 3/4 Cup Whole Greek Yogurt + a Dozen Blueberries + 1/2 Banana + 1/8 Cup Pumpkin Seed Flax Granola

fmqyoaa8mdkb.jpeg

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I almost always plan ahead, but I don't always use a bowl. Sometimes, though, and then it's a porridge (oatmeal, semolina, polenta, millet, barley flour or barley flakes) with butter. Usually some kind of bread with some kind of spread, and milk, and always fruit and raw veg.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    protein enriched cereal usually.
  • Katimira
    Katimira Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Usually, overnight oats -but if not prepped, I'll go for a hot oatmeal with egg white, blueberries, cinnamon, greek yogurt and walnuts.

I'm going on vacation next week, but when I get back, I want to make avocado-egg open sandwiches.
  • gvizzle74
    gvizzle74 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats: almond/coconut milk, oats, chia seeds, protein powder, frozen cranberries, coconut extract
  • emjustem87
    Options
    gvizzle74 wrote: »
    Overnight oats: almond/coconut milk, oats, chia seeds, protein powder, frozen cranberries, coconut extract

That’s why I love overnight oats..! The possibilities are endless!
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    I usually only have a piece of fruit for breakfast but this morning I had oatmeal seasoned with salt and pepper, some soy sauce, and some green onion. Sometimes I'll dropped a poached egg on top.

I don't know why it took me so long to figure it out, but the realization that oatmeal works just as well savory as it does sweet was a game changer for me.
  • emjustem87
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    I usually only have a piece of fruit for breakfast but this morning I had oatmeal seasoned with salt and pepper, some soy sauce, and some green onion. Sometimes I'll dropped a poached egg on top.

I don't know why it took me so long to figure it out, but the realization that oatmeal works just as well savory as it does sweet was a game changer for me.

Never ever thought of oatmeal as savory..! Not sure how I feel about that! I love my honey or yogurt oatmeal. Like my sweets fix for the day.
    I’ll have to give it a try with an egg..! Thanks!
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    Nothing!! saving my calories for a big dinner :)
  • mimsywhimsy
    mimsywhimsy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Most days it is the same: rolled oats soaked overnight in water and lemon juice, cooked on the stove with a mashed banana, grated zucchini, blueberries, soy milk, and ground flax. I will occasionally add soaked chia seeds to the mix and even some cooked white beans.
  • emjustem87
    Options
    _Figgzie_ wrote: »

Isn’t that opposite of what they say to do? Big breakfast, small dinner?

I don’t know what I’m talking about.. haha!

I struggle with breakfast as I’m not a morning eater. I usually end up having a really late breakfast/brunch.
  • emjustem87
    Options
    Most days it is the same: rolled oats soaked overnight in water and lemon juice, cooked on the stove with a mashed banana, grated zucchini, blueberries, soy milk, and ground flax. I will occasionally add soaked chia seeds to the mix and even some cooked white beans.

That sounds good! It never occurred to be to add veggies to my breakfast.
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    emjustem87 wrote: »

I struggle with breakfast as I’m not a morning eater. I usually end up having a really late breakfast/brunch.

It doesn't matter if you have 1 meal or 10 meals, calories is what does matter.....I skip breakfast quite a bit and I love how I can eat bigger meals and feel satisfied!!
  • maxf80
    maxf80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Banana pancakes! Blended banana and one egg then in a frying pan with few drops of oil , super simple, quick and a nice sweet treat and fills me up.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

who is 'they'?

eat the food you like in portions that fit in your calories, at times that you are hungry...
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Black coffee, bwahahaha! 16:8 IF'er here.
  • mortuseon_
    mortuseon_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Black coffee and the occasional protein bar, or maybe some Skyr. I generally like something sweet in the mornings to kill sugar cravings early, but the protein keeps me full.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    A bowl of coffee. Well.... A soup mug of it anyway.

"they" also tend to say that sugar is the devil... So I'm sure your yoghurt, fruit and granola still breaks rules. ;)
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfasts when eating breakfast and not doing IF:

Coffee and one of the following

3-4 eggs over easy
    Toast

or

Cereal: shredded wheat, cheerios, special k, oatmeal
    banana
  • emjustem87
    Options
    “They” is just referring to the many blogs I’ve read. I don’t know..! Haha

“They” say it’s good to kickstart your metabolism in the morning with a decent sized breakfast. But again.. I’ve never held to that particularly as eating is the last thing in my mind til at least 10 or 11 o’clock..!

So it really doesn’t matter if I don’t stress about eating breakfasts?? Because that’d be glorious. I’m down for brunch any time.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    “They” is just referring to the many blogs I’ve read. I don’t know..! Haha

“They” say it’s good to kickstart your metabolism in the morning with a decent sized breakfast. But again.. I’ve never held to that particularly as eating is the last thing in my mind til at least 10 or 11 o’clock..!

So it really doesn’t matter if I don’t stress about eating breakfasts?? Because that’d be glorious. I’m down for brunch any time.

Your metabolism is always going...you'd die otherwise. You can "break your fast" at whatever time you want.