Simple trick that took an embarrassingly long time for you to figure out...

Options

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    HDBKLM wrote: »
    slaite1 wrote: »
    @pinuplove *turns phone sideways* WHAAAAAT?! I just thought this was something the mobile version was missing! I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to know what my macros were for a particular meal and was left guessing off my total for the day (The only thing that pops up) This is awesome, thanks! :blush:

Been on here for YEARS and didn't know this :| holy *kitten*!!!!

@pinuplove hahaha you've changed the game for loads of people on MFP with this revelation!

@HDBKLM I know! I don't feel so bad for taking so long to figure it out now :smiley:
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    @oat_bran, and others.
    Have a read through the NEAT thread, for ways to increase your daily movements in, sometimes, fun and interesting ways.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10610953/neat-improvement-strategies-to-improve-weight-loss/p1

Cheers, h.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ditto on 'doing cardio really helps with weight loss because you can eat more.

And substituting something 'healthier' to manage a craving is NEVER worth it.
  • mwillder1
    mwillder1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I missed this one the first time around.

It took me to forever to figure out that in the app I just needed to turn my phone sideways to see the macro breakdown for the foods in my diary, including a total by meal :lol:

SHUT UP!! Thanks for this nugget...
  • Eelkov
    Eelkov Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Eelkov wrote: »
    Fat doesnt turn into energy... it turns into carbon dioxide.....
    I put my hand up on this one too. I actually looked it up on Google. Seriously, I have no idea, before that point, that fat is converted into CO2. And I did university-level chemistry too....

Even doctors and scientists (like you) still regularly say it turns into energy.... everyone says it turns into energy... that implies that we have all this energy that we can access... but the reality is that in the lack of fuel, the body burns muscle, not fat (I am massively over-simplifying) but you know what I mean
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    rutzsa wrote: »

I still get unreasonably annoyed when I'm in the middle of typing a post, accidentally turn my phone too much, and get sent back to the Community landing page :confused:

Me too! So annoying![/quote]

Oh, I hate this. I wish they would fix it.
  • ZRunner5Lulaica
    ZRunner5Lulaica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Tare-ing your scale after each part of a bigger meal. I used to weigh, log, remove, rinse and repeat for everything. I've since taken some steps out so it makes weighing out trail mixes and plates of food much quicker.
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Weekend calories count!
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Logging recipe servings in grams instead of portions so that I can accurately account for calories. Doesn't make a huge difference over time, because I am cooking for one but in the week-to-week it can be helpful for me.

Extremely helpful for dealing with those who have no respect for what the recipe says a portion size is. I measure out my grams, they glom as much as they want. No worry about odd measurements afterwards.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    1houndgal wrote: »
    Logging recipe servings in grams instead of portions so that I can accurately account for calories. Doesn't make a huge difference over time, because I am cooking for one but in the week-to-week it can be helpful for me.

Extremely helpful for dealing with those who have no respect for what the recipe says a portion size is. I measure out my grams, they glom as much as they want. No worry about odd measurements afterwards.

I learned that long workouts are much easier to do if you are having fun doing them.

Definitely! Variety and a great playlist helps!