Night time snack alternatives

Options

Replies

• angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I buy the 8oz yogurt cups that are low cal. Oikos, yoplait, Chobani. Pumpkin spice with a graham cracker crushed in it. strawberry with mini chocolate chips. You get the idea. It's under 200 calories (yogurt 100 and add in under 100) and satisfies my sweet tooth when I'm having a craving. This is when I'm hard core dieting. Other ideas would be single serves of ice cream and chocolate bars. But as you said you ate 3 of these so you might just need to clear out your sweets or find something else to do.
  • selenadm
    selenadm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have always found if I wanted something sweet, I would go for a no sugar added pudding (35 calories), or if I’m really wanting chocolate I have a fibre 1 brownie bar (90 calories)...I never resist the temptation because it causes me to binge :( try low calorie snacks that still have that sweetness to cure the craving!
  • ThatHealthyCaper
    ThatHealthyCaper Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been cleaning and organizing things while watching TV...sounds crazy but it helps when I feel a snack binge coming on....makes me feel productive and in control!

Organize your sock drawer, refold your tshirts, clean the kitchen, organize your costume jewelry, etc...

Please come to my house
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    skinny cow desserts maybe? They average around 150 cal depending what you get. It seems pretty decadent when it's really not so bad.
  • susann4041
    susann4041 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sugar is very addicting and only makes it worse when you eat more of it.You need to take sugar out of your diet and the cravings will slowly go away.I suggest the Halo icecream it has Stevia in it I have a half a night as a treat and I eat it slowly..It is very low fat my son eats the whole pint a night 360 cal 9 g fat it is not bad it helps me to not bing I have the same problem.Also chewing gum I found helps control it.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    susann4041 wrote: »
    Sugar is very addicting and only makes it worse when you eat more of it.You need to take sugar out of your diet and the cravings will slowly go away.I suggest the Halo icecream it has Stevia in it I have a half a night as a treat and I eat it slowly..It is very low fat my son eats the whole pint a night 360 cal 9 g fat it is not bad it helps me to not bing I have the same problem.Also chewing gum I found helps control it.

You do realise Halo Top does also contains cane sugar.
  • tar2323
    tar2323 Posts: 141 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Ha, just binge watched Vikings, so I feel ya. For me, saving my calories for the evening works best. I eat my first meal of the day at 6pm (a biggie with lots of veg for nutrients and satiety) and work my way through variants of 2/3 bags of French Fries crisps (70 cals each) and a cornetto (209 cals), with sugar-free sweets from Aldi (9 cals each) in the gaps. I space each item out and make myself walk to go and get it, Also interspersed with cups of tea etc, and all within 1200 calories.
  • Tesha231
    Tesha231 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello topped with Fat free Oikos Greek Yogurt, (with a small amount of topping of your choice if you still have calories left!)
  • caiteh86
    caiteh86 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    sklaw31 wrote: »
    Sugar free jello topped with Fat free Oikos Greek Yogurt, (with a small amount of topping of your choice if you still have calories left!)

Yum! Such a good idea!
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I eat either of the following when winding down for the night:
    • Banana with dairy-free yoghurt on top and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
    • Snack-a-Jacks Rice Cakes with one of them having peanut butter on top.
    • Sugar-free Jello (a BIG bowl of it)

These have been my staple nightly snacks since beginning of Janurary. :)
  • MonaRaeHill
    MonaRaeHill Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    What worked for me in the past, were to buy protein bars or balls (from Betty Lou's) and try to limit myself & be happy with one or two. The added benefit is that BL makes high protein ones......which are also delicious and are uber-easy to 'count'. I just did an order, but if you buy over 50$, you get free shipping. They have the powdered peanut butter AND the orange crush shake (tastes like that soda, back in the day). Yummy! (I, too, have the night-time as my danger time! I swear that there's subliminal snack messages in main stream TV!
  • caiteh86
    Options
    Thank you guys! Lots of good ideas here
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I like tajin flavired air popped popcorn. I did cross stirching for a while, butI just don't have patience to keep it up. I suck at crochet and knitting, lol.
  • klyoung68
    klyoung68 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just found Yasso Frozen Greek Yogurt Bars......100 calories and yummy!
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    100 cal Kettle corn and/or halo top ice cream.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I don't keep anything that can't be moderated in the house. I like a couple snacks on the weekend evenings as well. I guy a pint of halo top. I can usually fit in a protein shake too.
  • MrsLMKing
    MrsLMKing Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Oh, if you save a couple hundred calories for late night snacking, there are so many options when you're craving something sweet.

Brownie brittle is my new favorite. 120 calories in 6 pieces, and they're pretty big. They're so good!

Chocolate chips...especially dark chocolate chips. Get the mini kind. Takes even more to get to your calories.

I like the Fiber One Strawberry Cheesecake bars, Brownie bars and Oat and Chocolate bars. The Brownies are only 90 calories. Oat and Chocolate and Strawberry Cheesecake are 140-150 calories, I think.
  • caiteh86
    Options
    MrsLMKing wrote: »
    Oh, if you save a couple hundred calories for late night snacking, there are so many options when you're craving something sweet.

Brownie brittle is my new favorite. 120 calories in 6 pieces, and they're pretty big. They're so good!

Chocolate chips...especially dark chocolate chips. Get the mini kind. Takes even more to get to your calories.

I like the Fiber One Strawberry Cheesecake bars, Brownie bars and Oat and Chocolate bars. The Brownies are only 90 calories. Oat and Chocolate and Strawberry Cheesecake are 140-150 calories, I think.

Ooooh I forgot about brownie brittle! So good.
  • adele012
    adele012 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I like the Atkins brand candy, brownies, chocolate, etc. It’s all pretty low cal and curves my sweet tooth when I have it.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    adele012 wrote: »
    I like the Atkins brand candy, brownies, chocolate, etc. It’s all pretty low cal and curves my sweet tooth when I have it.

Where you get these sneakers?