lcarter25
lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
Anyone watching the news!!

Its completely terrible, I cant believe whats going on! so scary :(

Replies

• stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Its so sad. I can't believe what I am seeing.
  • LButterfly201
    Options
    it's awful, really scary :(
  • Libby9
    Libby9 Posts: 45
    Options
    Im in london - and i'm in complete shock. :(
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Seems to be happening on all sides of me - croydon, clapham, brixton. May leave the city tomorrow.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Sheffield, but have been watching the news for hours now, its crazy :|
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    *waves hand* Not sure what to say to be honest. Gutting. I hope they bring in the army. It might have started because one (drug dealer) lost their life to the police, but most of the people rioting now wouldn't have a clue who he is. Not sure if your news will show but it has spread to Brimingham and outlying London districts like Croydon too. What an embarassment, the games are due in our city in a year.
  • crazycranberry
    crazycranberry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I Live about an hour from London.
    Its simply awful!!
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i know its just incredable. its like something from a film. i feel so sorry for the people who have lost their homes and business.so glad i dont live right where its happening.
  • dannysilvestre
    Options
    Am here, and live in south tottenham, everything is broken, no buses, people scared... =[ am scared also...
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    yep I have been watching for 5 hours and it shows mulit culti does not work...young people of multi culti can not abide by laws and live alongisde white brits and older multi culti ...sad but true!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I've been at Lakeside shopping centre this evening - it was on riot alert but nothing kicked off fortunately. I only live across the road to it so would hear if anything happens. The station is closed and police vans are there - I feel sorry for those now stuck as they can't get home by train.

A load of moronic lemmings are out on the streets, and the government needs to get its backside into gear before it loses what little control it has left over this country :(
  • lcarter25
    Options
    its madness none of the people rioting even care about the person who was shot its just an excuse to steal and cause anarchy

so many homes and businesses are being destroyed!
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    You are so right. I'm a Londoner and respect all cultures but do not think multi-culturalism works at all :-(
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    "The Youth of the Middle East rise up for basic freedoms.The Youth of London rise up for a HD ready 42" Plasma TV"

one of the best comments i read today

Having said that, if anyone has a cheap 42" Plasma for sale.......
  • lilygirlx
    Options
    I'm about and hour and half away from london and i can't believe my eyes the scary thing is all the teenagers looting their parents must be so proud x
  • lcarter25
    Options
    "The Youth of the Middle East rise up for basic freedoms.The Youth of London rise up for a HD ready 42" Plasma TV"

I saw this and it makes you really think about what is important to certain people
  • lcarter25
    Options
    Why will they not bring in the army!!
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Yeah I seen via Al Jazeera English. American news barley covers it it seems.
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options

I saw this and it makes you really think about what is important to certain people

Nice! Americans are lazy and suffer from apathy as well its quite sad
  • haylz24
    haylz24 Posts: 225
    Options
    I dont live in London but stay safe you londoners!