How to avoid the daily calorie goal to increase due to exercise calories

Options
Is there a way to change MyFitnessPal from increasing the daily calorie goal by the number of calories burnt during exercise? I really would like to do this so my calorie goal stays the same regardless of exercise.

Replies

• dmwh142
    dmwh142 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Just log it at the end of the day when you aren't going to eat anymore.
  • ldeoprecor
    ldeoprecor Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Or....just don't eat the additional calories? I mean, you know what your calorie "limit" is before you log exercise, so don't eat beyond that point.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    How did you set your calorie goal?
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    Disconnect the Fitbit or Garmin app that is adding the adjustment? But I don't see why you'd want to do that, either.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Unless you used a TDEE calculator to estimate your calorie goal, that's not your healthiest possible choice.

This. MFP intends you to eat back exercise calories.

If you want to have the same calorie goal every day, then you can use a TDEE calculator as @AnnPT77 recommended. Or, you could manually calculate how many calories you burn in a week, divide by 7, and add that number of calories per day to the allowance MFP gives you--but that's assuming your calorie burn is consistent every week.
  • huskydoo
    huskydoo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It’s right there at the top. Your daily calorie goal is on the left. Right next to it is what you have eaten that day. Just ignore the next 2

y2kj3nod9kmj.png