What’s in your breakfast bowl?

Options
2»

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    emjustem87 wrote: »
    What’s your go-to breakfast when you haven’t planned ahead? Typically I’ve prepped some overnight oats to carry me through the week, but some weekends I just get around to it.

Pictured is today’s yummy breakie: 3/4 Cup Whole Greek Yogurt + a Dozen Blueberries + 1/2 Banana + 1/8 Cup Pumpkin Seed Flax Granola

fmqyoaa8mdkb.jpeg

Six days out of seven, I put a cup of red seedless grapes (weighed out, it's usually around 160 grams, +/-10) top with a 6oz container of Greek yogurt, and crumble a granola bar on top. Sometimes, I'll do green seedless or blueberries instead.
  • emjustem87
    emjustem87 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    emjustem87 wrote: »
    What’s your go-to breakfast when you haven’t planned ahead? Typically I’ve prepped some overnight oats to carry me through the week, but some weekends I just get around to it.

Pictured is today’s yummy breakie: 3/4 Cup Whole Greek Yogurt + a Dozen Blueberries + 1/2 Banana + 1/8 Cup Pumpkin Seed Flax Granola

fmqyoaa8mdkb.jpeg

Six days out of seven, I put a cup of red seedless grapes (weighed out, it's usually around 160 grams, +/-10) top with a 6oz container of Greek yogurt, and crumble a granola bar on top. Sometimes, I'll do green seedless or blueberries instead.

I do love blueberries...!
  • sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Eggs every day, every way. A light multigrain english muffin. Bacon or turkey sausage
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Bananas and cinnamon!
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    high fiber quaker oats, frozen bananas, and 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter made with skim milk or two poached eggs on high fiber wheat toast and light butter. Sometimes I will have a protein drink instead.
  • DragonHasTheSapphire
    Options
    Foods I have for breakfast:

Quaker oats
    Quaker grits
    Nature's own whole grain bread
    Greek Gods full-fat yogurt
    Great Value non-fat yogurt (sometimes)
    banana
    madarin/clementines
    Post great grains hot cereal
    Post shredded wheat
    unsweetened almond milk
    Kiwis

The list usually goes on, idk if this is considered "healthy" or not lol
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    This week has mostly been Corn Flakes, Milk, and Banana. Finished the last banana this morning so may add yogurt instead tomorrow.

Then when the Corn Flakes are done, there's Weetabix Choco Minis, Honey Nut Cheerios, or Kelloggs Raisin Bran Crunch.
  • Phaewryn
    Phaewryn Posts: 142 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    tssel8di4xum.jpg

https://www.vitacost.com/bobs-red-mill-high-fiber-oat-bran-hot-cereal

This made with 30 calorie unsweetened almond milk and a sprinkle of dark brown sugar. My go-to "fast food". Not only do I love the taste, texture, and easiness, but you can make it a little on the thinner side by adding a bit more water or milk and just chug it and avoid the whole spoon and chewing process.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Actually, this morning I got off my plan, which involves needing space in the sink, and literally found one of the last clean bowls and the only clean spoon to get 4 oz of my homemade greek yogurt mixed with 25 g peanut powder and 1 oz each of blueberries and granola.

It's not really to say that I didn't plan for it. I just hadn't planned to have it Monday.

My daughter made the mess overnight making tostadas and lemon bars.
  • resale3108
    resale3108 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Winter - porridge with local honey (not any honey from any supermarket)

Summer - overnight oats with blueberries, grated apple, Greek yoghurt, honey, any chopped toasted nuts I have in the cupboard and cinnamon powder.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Today it was Bob's Red Mill Oats (cooked with water), chocolate whey protein powder, peanut butter and unsweetened coconut flakes. Very tasty!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I've converted to savoury for breakfast. I have an egg, either with avocado, tomato and toast, or scrambled up with leftover veggies and a piece of toast crumbled in. I'm interested in the savoury oats discussed above. Sometimes I have leftover rice or potato instead of the crumbled up toast but I could easily imagine using oatmeal.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Oats really don't fill me up for LONG. They're great in the moment but they don't last for me. Greek yogurt is pretty much the same. I always reach for IKEA crepes, honey, berry preserves and a banana with a vanilla latte on the weekends but it's too involved for weekdays. On weekdays it's usually something like a protein bar or a protein shake mixed with coffee.

Savory breakfasts tide me over the longest but they're not what I crave.