Trying to gain weight

Options
New to the group

Replies

• lplummer324
    lplummer324 Posts: 78 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi...Trying to gain weight too! I'm currently 126 lbs and my goal weight is 140. Good luck during your journey! What are some of the things you are doing to gain?
  • Babygirlaces
    Babygirlaces Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m new here as well trying to gain weight. I’m trying to consume more but have little appetite so I have a timer that goes off every two hours to remind me to eat. If I don’t eat I drink a glass of milk. My diet is very limited as I am gluten free. Need lots of help.
  • NethieJ
    NethieJ Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I’m new here as well trying to gain weight. I’m trying to consume more but have little appetite so I have a timer that goes off every two hours to remind me to eat. If I don’t eat I drink a glass of milk. My diet is very limited as I am gluten free. Need lots of help.

That is great idea to have a timer go off every two hours!
  • NethieJ
    NethieJ Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    april0622 wrote: »
    Apetamin is something you should order and go to your local vitamin shoppe and get you some serious mass. Apetamin gives you that appetite and it allows you to keep eating without feeling full. I've gain soo much weight using apetamin

I’ve tried the liquid and pill form but I can’t get past how sleepy it makes me feel and on top of that it doesn’t go away for about 12 hours.
  • april0622
    april0622 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's why I haven't started back on the apetamin because my life is too busy to be sleeping all day but after a few days the sleepiness goes away. It put weight on me fast. Now I'm trying to find high calorie smoothies to drink. I'm trying to intake between 2500-3000 Cal a day. It's hard so I think I'ma steal your timer method
  • ladicuh
    ladicuh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm new here as well! & I am happy to say that I will be starting my WGJ. The way I plan to do it is, I've bought the liquid apetamin & im definitely aware of all the signs and what you SHOULD & SHOULD NOT DO.
    I can't say myself whether or not the serum has work, but starting next week :) I hope to stay updated! I know that the serum will give you a gut from all the eatings - are there any good ab workouts?
  • april0622
    Options
    AnvilHead you are completely right. I gained at least 25 lbs with apetamin and it went Everywhere including my stomach.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead you are completely right. I gained at least 25 lbs with apetamin and it went Everywhere including my stomach.

How quickly did you put on that weight? Were you weight training while you gained?
  • stealthaway
    stealthaway Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes that would be good to know, I added 12 pounds following strictly MyFitnessPal calorie goal and alternate day workouts, in 3 weeks.
  • april0622
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

How quickly did you put on that weight? Were you weight training while you gained?

It was fast maybe a month or less. I didn't go to the gym for weight training but I have 10 lb weights at home where I used for arms but nothing major. Did squats, push ups, and sit ups. I also took serious mass during that month.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    What's with this apetamin bs, you want to gain weight? Then simply eat over your maintenance. If eating is too much, then drink your calories like chocolate milk or put alot of olive oil on salads.... just make sure that you're not eating way over your maintenance or else you will just get fat.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    fb47 wrote: »
    What's with this apetamin bs, you want to gain weight? Then simply eat over your maintenance. If eating is too much, then drink your calories like chocolate milk or put alot of olive oil on salads.... just make sure that you're not eating way over your maintenance or else you will just get fat.

Just like with weight loss pills, it's just a bunch of overhyped crap promoted on social media. I suspect the slimthick movement isn't helping.

Op, if you want to gain correctly for your health, slow is the best way. Fast weight gain tends to increase cortisol which drives more fat storage to you stomach region, which can have an impact on your health. Set a moderate surplus (1/2 to 3/4 lb per week) and follow a progressive overload resistance program (if you have booty focus than I'd recommend Strong Curves). The below links should help with getting calories and give you a program to meet your goals. And I'd definitely skip the Apetamine.

1. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
    2. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1